RC300 - Mic recording threshold

Started by calb1234, June 18, 2020, 05:24:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

calb1234

Hi,
If I have my mic input volume set to about 25/30% (9 o clock ish), I find I get a good vocal level on loops for the setup that I have.

The issue I have (and it's a small issue really) is:

When the mic input volume is left in this position from the start(recording loops live) to the end, by the time you get to the end some of the vocal loops have picked up background noise from the amp (most commonly the bass parts of a percussion loop) which I don't want it to pick up.

Of course I have tried restructuring the order in which the loops are layered to eliminate this where possible, but it's not ALWAYS possible.

I checked over the manual and couldn't see a feature like this, but I wonder if there is a mic recording threshold setting, or equivalent, which essentially sets how "sensitive" the mic input is - so that as long as the noise going into the mic is loud enough, the volume of the output will not change, but the mic will not pick up quieter/background noises.

This is a common setting in most software that uses a microphone (e.g. Skype) to eliminate background noise so it's not groundbreaking stuff but it would really help me out!

TIA.

mooncaine

Is this a

live performance situation (you'll be on a stage, or performing for people watching in real time),

or is it a

recording situation (you expect to do something to a recording before it's considered finished)?

plexified

You can program an assign to turn the mic on and off. Page 23 of the manual outlines this. You can assign it to the expression pedal or a track function for example.

Just as an example , lets say track three you record your part and when you press "play" the mic can be programed to turn off.

Or on your EXP pedal, you can assign 'Heel Up' as Mic off.

Remember it takes midi commands and you could even dedicate a remote footswitch for the mic.

calb1234

Not exactly what i was after, but this is certainly an option to consider, thanks.
Any recommendations on third party pedals which will work just as an on/off controller?
Thanks!