GR-55 - Lock [protect] patch and/or location?

Started by alangeer, May 05, 2020, 05:20:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alangeer

Hey everyone!

I love my gr-55, but in using the librarian, I find that copying / pasting presets within librarian pushes the other presets around, screwing with the order that I have them [for organization, for songs, etc.]  Really I would like to lock the position of a preset so it stays at the bank/slot I specify.  I would also like to lock a patch to protect from editing as long (as long we're at it!)

Anyone have a solution?  Suggestion? I can't find any solution [for either] on the web, manual, etc.

Many thanks!

Alan

Brent Flash

Not sure about this LIBRARIAN but other Roland LIBRARIANS have commands other than copy and paste such as REPLACE, INSERT, EXCHANGE, etc.

Look in the EDIT menu.

OldGuitarDude

Hi alangeer,

Have you tried Gumtown's GR-55 FloorBoard Editor yet (first post on this board)? It does a great job of managing patches, and he has developed Windows, Mac, and Linux versions.

alangeer

Quote from: OldGuitarDude on May 06, 2020, 08:23:56 AM
Hi alangeer,

Have you tried Gumtown's GR-55 FloorBoard Editor yet (first post on this board)? It does a great job of managing patches, and he has developed Windows, Mac, and Linux versions.

I have, use it everyday and it helps immensly.   Just missing that little 'lock patch' icon....

THanks!