GT-1000- Help/feedback on my patch/signal chain and settings config.

Started by eddiebellie, February 06, 2020, 07:33:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eddiebellie

Hi all. I have been trying to customize my main all purpose patch. If anyone can give me some feedback it would be great. Feel free to modify and re-upload the patch I have attached (hopefully exported correctly). if you want to take the time, but text comments, of course are also welcome. Here is my intentions and patch explanation as well as a graphic of the patch.

My music is primarily this sort of rock (vanhalen, kiss, AC/DC sort of thing) but I like to get ambient sometimes too (thus the three different modes described below).

My guitar is an Ibanez RGRT621DPB
Left and right output oof the GT-1000 go into input 1 and 2 of a "Music DM35 Personal Amplifier" with flat eq settings
Guitar goes into the input of the GT-1000

Send1 goes into the sy-300 input
sy-300 mono output goes into GT-1000 return1

I want to configure this patch to run through this amp.
I will set up other patches specificially for recording and practice studio and live show (all tweaked accordingly).

In Beijing China we usually cant have amps of any real size in the apartment, we always practice in a studio where a variety of amps  (usually a Marshall JCM Half stack)and PA rigs are provided and live is the same.

But we are on lockdown for a month so I will just be at home. As such I want to configure my "main all purpose patch" to sound well with may little practice amp.
Then I want to try to configure the same patch but tweaked for recording into a clarets 4pre then to logic prox.
Then I will do the same for the practiced studio patch and the live gig patch.

So any help on this particular patch for this particular situation (at home + little practice amp) would be really appreciated.

This is an all purpose patch.

I have been having trouble controlling the noise while maintaining sustain. I really liked the way Premik Jolly Indian was able to get a nice rich distortion sound with very little background noise. So I sort of copied some of the amp settings and repositioned my NS2 in the chain.

Basically a clean channel and a distortion channel (both on div 2(b) with another channel for an effect send/return to my sy-300 (or any other external effect).

Clean and dirty are switched through assigns on "bankdown" which switches the amp2 type from natural to  X-moded, amp 2 gain from 20's to 30's and also toggles eq2 from on (clean) to off (distortion)

The effects are controlled by :

"bankup" toggles fx2 btwx Overtone and Octave; num2 turns fx2 on and off.
CTL2 and num4 do the same for fx1 (Flanger vs Phaser)
Num3 toggles the chorus on/off
Num 5 toggles a Master delay (shimmer) on/off
Ctl3 is for fx3 (whatever mic effect I want to set it on)
Num1 engages the solo mode for amp2; it also switches DIV1 channels which turns off the OC/OT effect (just because I never solo with those on) and adds EQ3 to boost the highs.

CTL1 switches DIV3 to (b) which disables all effects, and DIV2 to (a) which contains a transparent amp and the send/return to the external effect box (currently the sy-300).
Gumtown made some recommendations about where to position the sy-300 in the chain but I had some difficulty getting it to work right. I couldn't get enough output from the sy without an amp. Im ok with the sy sounding "guitarish". I m not trying to reproduce a keyboard. I just want the extra synth effect capabilities.

DIV3 (b) is just a repository of misc delays and eqs which are permanently turned off until iu figure something out with them, so it can be considered empty.

Any advice/suggestions/modifications are greatly respected and appreciated.
Thanks