SY-1000 - Boss Tone Studio for SY-1000

Started by admin, January 15, 2020, 05:51:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

admin

https://www.boss.info/global/support/by_product/sy-1000/updates_drivers/5ee52836-c697-46b9-bffc-da4b059d0f5d/
UPDATE HISTORY
[ Ver.1.0.1 ] JAN 2020
Bug Fixes
The following bugs were fixed.
When ASSIGN TARGET has been edited on the SY-1000, the MIN and MAX values in the ASSIGN list in BOSS TONE STUDIO sometimes show incorrect values.
When ASSIGN TARGET has been edited on the SY-1000, the ASSIGN Detail View window in BOSS TONE STUDIO sometimes disappears.
When a factory reset is carried out on the SY-1000, PATCH LIST in BOSS TONE STUDIO sometimes fails to be updated automatically.
After the screen has been switched in BOSS TONE STUDIO, the [ DYNAMIC SYNTH - SEQ : SEQ LENGTH ] value sometimes fails to be updated correctly.

Anyone can download and install Boss Tone Studio for SY-1000 and run in OFFLINE MODE  - and explore ALL SY-1000 Functions

https://www.boss.info/global/products/sy-1000/downloads/?fbclid=IwAR2MkIyfDwBgfxyB_b-TJD_VR4biRPKnk0Rl26nNzAVHeiZ-ImaK2ovTucg

See attached for Boss Tone Studio for SY-1000 Users Manual(pdf)
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=27135.0;attach=20106

BOSS TONE STUDIO FOR SY-1000 VER.1.0.0 FOR WINDOWS
Please refer to the "Using BOSS TONE STUDIO for SY-1000" for detailed information in the [ Owner's Manuals ].
DOWNLOAD AND EXPAND THE ARCHIVE FILE
Download the file named "bts_sy1000_w100.zip".
The downloaded file is an archive file in zip format.
Right-click to select Extract All, and then follow the instructions.
HOW TO INSTALL
Going into the bts_sy1000_w100 folder created by expanding bts_sy1000_w100.zip and double-clicking BOSS TONE STUDIO for SY-1000 Setup.exe starts installation.
Thereafter, follow the on-screen installation instructions to proceed with installation.
When the "The installation was successful" message appears, click [Close] to finish.
STARTING THE APPLICATION
Connect SY-1000 and computer with USB cable.
Turn on SY-1000.
From the computer's "Start" menu, select "All Programs" -> "BOSS TONE STUDIO for SY-1000" -> "BOSS TONE STUDIO for SY-1000."
Selection screen of connecting device will appear for the first time you run the software. (After the second time running, the device will be chosen automatically.)
Select SY-1000 and click [ OK ].
* The device can be changed from the SETTING.

* After starting the application, if connecting BOSS TONE STUDIO for SY-1000 and the SY-1000 is not possible, then in Windows 10, set "Allow apps to access your microphone" to "On."
Click [Start], then [Settings].
Click [Privacy].
Click [Microphone] on the left side.
The microphone setting is displayed.
To change the setting, move the "Allow apps to access your microphone" switch to "On."
Close the window and quit Settings.
SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
OS
Microsoft(R) Windows(R) 10
Microsoft(R) Windows(R) 8.1

* Internet connectivity is required for using functions of TONE CENTRAL. (Please note that you might be charged for packet fee depends on your connectivity service.)
* This software has been found to work on typical computers that meet the above requirements, but we do not guarantee that it will operate on all such computers. Please be aware that differences in design or conditions of use may produce differences in the processing power of otherwise similar computers.

admin

Each "INST" Block when set to E Guitar has its own AIRD AMP/CAB 
- so if all "INST" blocks are set to "E Guitar" and you engage the Normal Guitar block  - you could be running up to four simultaneous  AIRD AMP/CABs at same time

And each INST Block has its Own Harmonizer

admin

admin

Assign Manual Mode Function assignment for lower 4 Footswitches

admin

BROCKSTAR

I hope they fixed the saving presets to computer feature that sucked in the sy-300 app.

arkieboy

So Tone Studio allowed me to drag the send/return to the first position in the regular guitar chain, which I think means we can use the send/return loop as an unaffected guitar out.  Moreover just by moving its position between patches you could swap from your normal guitar to a modelled guitar if you were using the SY with - say - a Helix.

Nice!
Main rig: Barden Hexacaster and Brian Moore i2.13 controllers
Boss SY1000/Boss GKC-AD/Boss GM-800/Laney LFR112

Other relevant gear: Line 6 Helix LT, Roland GR-33, Axon AX100 MkII
Oberheim Matrix 6R, Supernova IIR, EMu E5000, Apple Mainstage, Apple Logic, MOTU M4

mooncaine

I'd love to look it over, but I can't run it on my Mac.

Doesn't install on mac OSX 10.12.

admin

Quote from: mooncaine on January 15, 2020, 10:48:32 AM
I'd love to look it over, but I can't run it on my Mac.

Doesn't install on mac OS 12.x

And Neither can I use with any of my Macs - as I'm not moving from OSX Yosemite

https://www.boss.info/global/support/by_product/sy-1000/updates_drivers/de4281c9-b329-47fc-85da-18b3e9524dd8/

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
OS
macOS 10.13 / macOS 10.14 / macOS 10.15

admin

Boss Tone Studio for SY-1000 for Windows

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
OS
Microsoft(R) Windows(R) 10
Microsoft(R) Windows(R) 8.1

Confirmed it can also run fine on Win7 64

Upon 1st launch,  it takes up to 30 seconds to establish if the SY-1000 is present of not present  - but eventually I see the pop up screen

admin

Quote from: arkieboy on January 15, 2020, 07:03:08 AM
So Tone Studio allowed me to drag the FX S/R Loop OUT  to the first position in the regular guitar chain, which I think means we can use the send/return loop as an unaffected guitar out.  Moreover just by moving its position between patches you could swap from your normal guitar to a modelled guitar if you were using the SY with - say - a Helix.

Nice!

Launch BTS for SY-1000 in OFFLINE Mode to explore the signal re-routing options

External FX Loop on 1/"4 Output to run third party FX

SUB OUT  on 1/"4 Output to run third party MFX ( Kemper, Helix) in Parallel

ReRoute the SUB Output  placed after INST1 in the Modeling section

Brak(E)man

Quote from: admin on January 15, 2020, 10:50:36 AM
And Neither can I use with any of my Macs - as I'm not moving from OSX Yosemite

https://www.boss.info/global/support/by_product/sy-1000/updates_drivers/de4281c9-b329-47fc-85da-18b3e9524dd8/

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
OS
macOS 10.13 / macOS 10.14 / macOS 10.15

I'm not moving from Yosemite either
but a bootable external hard drive with OSX 13 on it should work , right ?
I kept 10.6 and had a botable HD with 10.10 when SY-300 came out.
It had only drivers etc from Yosemite
( still have and uses 10.6 for mastering etc a lot of the time )
swimming with a hole in my body

I play Country music too, I'm just not sure which country it's from...

"The only thing worse than a guitar is a guitarist!"
- Lydia Lunch

chrish

Is there a hack whereby you could run on a Windows 7 32×? Maybe a virtual 64?

admin

Quote from: chrish on January 15, 2020, 01:58:10 PM
Is there a hack whereby you could run on a Windows 7 32×? Maybe a virtual 64?

I never recomend Win7 32  - very hostile OS which nothing runs on 

I have a few machines that run native Win 7 64  - that runs well.

Could run VMWare Win7 64  - but Roland / Boss does NOT recommend it

gumtown

Virtual machines can not run on a host system of less bit architecture (64bit wont run on a 32bit host).
32bit windows is also a dead end. It does not support enough RAM either, a 4gb vm requires a minimum of 8gb ram on the host system.
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

chrish

I googled Steve's responce and found out that machines over 10 years old likely do not have the 64-bit capable processor that you mention.

That would be me. Maybe time for a new confuser. I've already had to do a few fixes to one of the mouse type buttons and CD tray on the Toshiba Satellite.

Quote from: gumtown on January 15, 2020, 03:57:56 PM
Virtual machines can not run on a host system of less bit architecture (64bit wont run on a 32bit host).
32bit windows is also a dead end. It does not support enough RAM either, a 4gb vm requires a minimum of 8gb ram on the host system.

gumtown

Its been about 8 years since i had a laptop with a builtin optical drive.

Something with an intel 8th generation i5, 16gb ram, and 500gb ssd would be a minimum spec for a reasonzble laptop.
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

romero

All loaded and checking out the layout and functionality, It's rather comprehensive and seems better than the  gp 10 version. I certainly hope they add IR loading like they did for the GT1000

admin

Harmonist - Stereo  w/ Two User Assignable scales 

Not to be confused with

Stereo Pitch Shifter

admin

There are 10 GK User memory slots  - to support 10 different unique GK Guitar  / Bass / Instrument Settings

Observe the Normal Input includes Compressor on/off, Attack, Sustain, Level, Sensitivity, EQ Low and EQ High   

Typical VG-99 class GK Hex PU Input Settings

admin

admin

DYNAMIC Synth String Pan / Level

DYNAMIC Synth User Alt Tuning and User Pitch Bend Range

Pitch 654321 refer to Strings 654321(Low E to high E)

DYNAMIC Synth - OSC TYPES

DYNAMIC Synth with Two User Assignable Arpeggiator Sequencers

DYNAMIC Synth Layer Note Range Assignment

admin

Quote from: shikawkee on January 30, 2020, 11:43:02 AM
Oh and as I posted on FB, has anyone mentioned that updating firmware etc. in the future via Tone Central would be a cool thing to have?

Common wish with ALL current Boss units which employ Boss Tone Studio

At least they migrated away from relying on Adobe AIR for the underlying infrastructure on latest BTS releases

Also the System Version screen only reports the version of Boss Tone Studio

It never queries and reports back what SY-1000 Firmware version you are running - must do that direct on the unit   

And Running BTS "OFFLINE" defaults to GUITAR MODE , SY-1000 must be physically connected to run BTS in BASS MODE

admin

You can swap the order of all effects
FX1, FX2, FX3 are most versatile - but the COMP, DS (Distortion) , Chorus, Master Delay and Reverb can each be changed to different Types too
Download Boss Tone Studio for SY-1000 - run in OFFLINE MODE - Double Click on each Block to Edit and see all options for each block https://i.postimg.cc/fM5jHrDB/BLOCK1.png
The SY-1000 Reference Manual Describes All FX types

Here are the DS Block Distortion types

"Chorus has a few types too

FX1 , FX2, FX3 have the most options

And you can Move FX1, FX2, FX3 to be in the Normal signal path

Output EQ Settings