Katana- Access 9 presets of Kat 100 using the footswitch?

Started by Bonham, September 20, 2019, 04:45:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bonham

Hello everybody, I recently started to try and squeeze all the potential from this amp because finally I have joined a band, and I am considering buying the  GA-FC footswitch. But I have an intense noob question:

The Katana artist has 8 channels (I am using a pc and Boss Tone studio to program each channel) but the  GA-FC has only 4 channels as far as I have seen. Is there anyway to make use of the 8 channels using the footswich?

Apologies for the rookie question, but I want to make sure of these little things before I buy something online.

gumtown

The GAFC has access to all 8 channels + Panel channel.
(9 total)
By holding the Panel footswitch for 3 seconds will flip the Katana to Bank B (or back to Bank A),
so the 1~4 channel footswitches will now do channels 5~8.
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

Bonham

Quote from: gumtown on September 20, 2019, 05:13:15 AM
The GAFC has access to all 8 channels + Panel channel.
By holding the Panel footswitch for 3 seconds will flip the Katana to Bank B (or back to Bank A),
so the 1~4 channel footswitches will now do channels 5~8.

I love you man, I have posted this in several forums and everyone ignored me. So in truth I could use 9 Channels on stage counting how I set the pannel?

sixeight

Quote from: Bonham on September 20, 2019, 06:38:01 AM
I love you man, I have posted this in several forums and everyone ignored me. So in truth I could use 9 Channels on stage counting how I set the pannel?

Correct.