EHX Bass9

Started by mchad, August 08, 2019, 03:05:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mchad

Handy to have machines like this. When you're writing and you don't want to drag out the bass guitar. The GP10 is good at this. The Kemper pitch shifter/pure tuning/formant effect also seems to be good at faking bass (funnily enough also demoed by Bill R).

Vaultnaemsae

Bill Ruppert makes everything sound good :)
Vaultnaemsae's SoundCloud:
https://soundcloud.com/vaultnaemsae

gumbo

Quote from: Vaultnaemsae on August 08, 2019, 09:57:49 PM
Bill Ruppert makes everything sound good :)

...because he is....     8)
Read slower!!!   ....I'm typing as fast as I can...

Kevin M

Looks like some very usable stuff inside this box.

admin

https://www.gearnews.de/wird-aus-gitarre-mit-der-ehx-bass9-bass-machine-wirklich-ein-bass/

Electro-Harmonix has released the latest addition to the "From Guitar Do Something Different" series with the Bass9 Bass Machine Effect Pedal, in which Mel9 , C9 , Key9 and others have already been released. The 9 in the name stands for the presets - if Bass9 can convince?

Electro-Harmonix Bass9 Bass Machine
What was that hype surrounding the B9 Organ Machine that EHX first introduced in 2014? Make an organ out of the guitar. And in a way that sounds really similar (if you adjust your game). Whether the New York pedal forge with the B9 Bass Machine effect pedal again?

You do not have to be a genius to guess by the name what's in it. Bass!

The structure is identical to the series pedals: Dry and Effect Volume knobs , CTRL 1 and CTRL 2, and white preset knobs. 9 different models are available to the low-frequency-loving guitarist:

Precision
longhorn
fretless
Synth
Virtual
Bowed
Split bass
3:03
Flip flop
Some should be self-explanatory, specifically Precision, Longhorn, Fretless and Bowed . Synth is modeled on the Taurus, Virtual can be self defined, how bassy the bass is. Split bass delivers bass on the low strings and guitar on the high, 3:03 is modeled after the Roland 303 and Flip Flop is modeled after the own Octave multiplexer.

ffata

11:20. Mahavishnu!!

alexmcginness

I hate Bill Ruppert. :-) Now theres something else I wanna buy. :-(
VG-88V2, GR-50, GR-55, 4 X VG-99s,2 X FC-300,  2 X GP-10 AXON AX 100 MKII, FISHMAN TRIPLE PLAY,MIDX-10, MIDX-20, AVID 11 RACK, BEHRINGER FCB 1010, LIVID GUITAR WING, ROLAND US-20, 3 X GUYATONE TO-2. MARSHALL BLUESBREAKER, SERBIAN ELIMINATOR AMP. GR-33.

Smash

Sounds very authentic (midi guitar only seems clear winner for fretless emulation) Interested to know how it would work with acoustic guitar - thinking of the split although F#3 is quite high for cut off. Not clear if control 1 or 2 gives an option to change the range.

aliensporebomb

Bad-ass demo!  The Mahavishnu and guitar/bass separated bits were icing on the cake. 
My music projects online at http://www.aliensporebomb.com/

GK Devices:  Roland VG-99, Boss GP-10, Boss SY-1000.

Headless68

Quote from: Smash on August 09, 2019, 09:59:14 PM
Sounds very authentic (midi guitar only seems clear winner for fretless emulation) Interested to know how it would work with acoustic guitar - thinking of the split although F#3 is quite high for cut off. Not clear if control 1 or 2 gives an option to change the range.

This is really interesting (non hex) progression - future versions of this tech may be able to spilt all 6 strings and provide processing for each string individually for any guitar.

gumbo

Quote from: Headless68 on August 11, 2019, 04:20:54 AM
This is really interesting (non hex) progression - future versions of this tech may be able to spilt all 6 strings and provide processing for each string individually for any guitar.

...you mean like this?

Read slower!!!   ....I'm typing as fast as I can...

loopman

As a bass player, It reminds me some features of the VB-99 where you could emulate different type of basses. Compared to the VB the missing ones are the Jazz bass (modern and vintage) ,Music Man StingRay, Rickenbacker, Gibson Thunderbird and the VARI Bass model. We don't have the Poly Effects too, with the unique string modeling feature

The "Fretless" model on the EHX Bass9 :  who knows if it sounds better compared to the Defretter effect and the Acoustic Bass model found on the VB-99 and the GT-1000 Defretter + Acoustic Simulator ?
The "Bowed" model of the EHX Bass9 vs the VB-99? 

The Bass9 has no pickups simulation like the single coil, the piezo and the double-coil, but It doesn't use the GK and It's a great progress to achieve all those features without using the Hex
Electro Harmonix as well as other pedal companies are making great strides towards during these days and Roland has to introduce a new V-Guitar product, it's time to do it, otherwise it will fall behind with modern times
Roland VG-99 was introduced in 2007, right? = 12 years ago and The GP-10 represents the only slight improvement to the 2007 VG-99 technology