GT-001 Vocal recording issues

Started by lpparent, May 30, 2019, 09:39:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lpparent

Hi all, my GT-001 records guitar perfectly but when I record with a Rode condenser mic i get faint pops on the track. There are no pops during the recording process, but I here them during playback. I tried various adjustments to the buffer settings which did not help, but I don't think it is a buffer issue.. if I use my old Roland Duo Capture with the same settings there is no problem. I like the GT-001 because I can monitor with vocal effects while recording a dry signal to Cakewalk.
Anyone else with this issue?

I would appreciate the help!
Thanks
Ryzen 5 2400g-16Gb ram / Cakewalk by Bandlab

admin

Quote from: lpparent on May 30, 2019, 09:39:44 AM
Hi, My GT-001 records with guitar perfectly but when I record with a Rode condenser mic i get faint pops on the track. There are no pops during the recording process, but I here them during playback.
I've adjusted buffer settings which did not help but I don't think it is a buffer issue.. if I use my Roland Duo Capture with the same settings there is no problem.
Anyone else with this issue?
I would appreciate the help!

What make/model PC? (Mac/PC)?
What Operating system and type? (Win10 64, Win7 32, etc

lpparent

Hi, thanks for the quick reply.
Ryzen 5 2400g with 16gb ram on Windows 10

lpparent

admin

Quote from: lpparent on May 30, 2019, 09:54:29 AM
Hi, thanks for the quick reply.
Ryzen 5 2400g with 16gb ram on Windows 10

64 bit
Cakewalk by Bandlab

Roland / Boss USB drivers for all Windows platforms are sluggish and not as low latency vs other MFG'rs  (RME or PreSonus Quantum )
Roland / Boss USB drivers for Apple Macintosh allow lower buffer size =  lower latency

Boss USB driver using "ASIO" will provide the lowest latency on Windows 

Might ask same question at the Bandlab forum, as I know many Cakewalk users embraced the Microsoft corporate line on Audio Drivers and preferred "WDM"  ( which I find slow as molasses in Winter) or WaveRT /WASAPI
https://www.cakewalk.com/Documentation?product=SONAR%20X2&language=3&help=AudioPerformance.28.html

https://www.cakewalk.com/Support/Knowledge-Base/2007013182/Im-getting-a-delay-or-latency-when-recording-or-performing-synths