AMPERO - LOADING CAB IR Files

Started by admin, February 27, 2019, 06:54:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

admin

AMPERO - Supports third party CAB IR FILES:
Supports 24-bit/44.1kHz Mono WAV files, 1024 points

I played around with AMPERO EDITOR 1.0.2 - and was able to 'Import IR" - I used one that works with a GSP-1101 (8505_2_5150_imp.wav) as that was handy and worked right away.
I see that after the user IR file is imported, additional EQ can be achieved by selecting several mic types , as well as X/Y/Z mic placement tweaks can be applied to each Cab IR (10 user slots for third party Cab IR files.

FILE TYPE
"This is for loading your own IR file by clicking "Import IR file" button. The IR file should be a 24-bit 44.1kHz mono WAV file.
Ampero can store up to 10 user IR files.

Controls:

Mic Type: Selects (or turn off) the different microphone simulations*:
•    Dyn 57:Based on Shure® SM57
•    Dyn 58:Based on Shure® SM58
•    Dyn 421:Based on Sennheiser® MD421
•    Dyn 16:Based on Electro-Voice® RE16
•    Dyn 112:Based on AKG® D112
•    Dyn 609:Based on Sennheiser® e609
•    Con U67:Based on Neumann® U67
•    Con 87A:Based on Shure® Beta 87A
•    Con U87:Based on Neumann® U87
•    Rib 121:Based on Royal® R121
Volume: Controls the output volume
Position X/Y/Z: Controls the mic position simulations:
•    X/Y: controls the microphone horizontal/vertical position
•    Z:  controls the distance between microphone and the object

*The mentioned manufacturers and product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of the respective owners. The trademarks were used merely to identify the sound character of the products."[/i]

High & Low Shelving EQ can be found in the Parametric EQ

sixeight

I guess the microphone type should be off when using a custom ir, as the mic type is already baked into the ir.

admin

Quote from: sixeight on February 28, 2019, 07:58:22 AM
I guess the microphone type should be off when using a custom ir, as the mic type is already baked into the ir.

But should you seek additional EQ tweaking on third party Cab IR's - the Ampero Cab mics can be enabled for use to the task when needed

crgm

From Firmware 3.0 New Features > You can now import user IR file with any bit depth/sample rate