VG-8 - Process for library backup with Midi Librarian?

Started by wirelessguyny, February 17, 2019, 08:42:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wirelessguyny

Hi folks,

This may seem like an easy question but I was curious about backing up all of my patches (status quo after purchasing my VG-8S1) using the librarian software?

I do have the librarian working successfully with the midi cables and my Windows 10 PC.

What I'm not clear about is where the patches need to live in order to get backed up? Do I need to shift the patches to the User selections prior to backup? I have a 512 card with some patches on it and I'd like to backup what's there (and perhaps reorder patches) prior to the batteries dying in there). I do have the manual here but the process isn't clear. I don't think I can point the librarian directly at the card.

Thanks in advance.

edgarfreedom

Hi.  VG8 sysex can't access the presets or card, just the 0-63 user A and B.  My VG8 Librarian might help with organizing patches from multiple files into the 0-63.  Browser based.  Gimme a shout, if you like.
Elliot

Jerry Carpenter

Hi, I used to back up all my VG-8 Patches to my computer with earlier versions of Windows (7, etc.). Does the old version of VLibrary, Patch Librarian for the VG-8 work with Windows 10 ? I tried to send an email to  Dave Scofield at the following email address, Vlibrary@aol.com, but it bounced back.
My older M-512E memory cards are starting to fail (even with new batteries) and I want to make sure my VG-8 patches that I've spent the last 23 years tweaking and updating are preserved for generations to come.
Thanks, Jerry Carpenter   

dgolub

Hi Edgarfreedom.

Is this the same vlibrary that has been available for a while or have you updated it? I have a VG-8 ex and I can load patches from my computer to the VG8, but I can't save the patches I make on the unit to my computer. Do you think this is a problem with the software, hardware, or (most likely) user error?  I can't figure out where the patches would go once they're transferred to my computer Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Dan

edgarfreedom

Argh.  Sorry.  Just saw this. 
I'm using mine successfully for daily back-ups and patch librarty bulding.
email me elliot.freedman@gmail.com