Gk-2a volume control assigned to tone control

Started by Gurbz, December 26, 2018, 09:13:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gurbz

I don't know if this is a bug but when assigning the GK-2a volume control to vguitar pickup tone control the guitar/synth/mix switch behaves differently.

When switching to guitar the synthsound (vguitar model) stays ON.

I like the switch to behave as it should: mix sounds or only allow analog guitar or vguitar. The volume control is handy for tonecontrol but I can't seem to get both worlds.

Anybody got a solution?
Grtz,

Gurbz

Frankenstein GK2-A strat/VG-88/GP-10/Cube 80XL/M-audio black box/Heritage guitars/Hook Amps/ Boss ME-5/Boss ME-8/Boss GT-3/Boss GT-5/Pro co RAT 1987/ Meris pedals/ Ton of eighties rack gear

Brent Flash

Quote from: Gurbz on December 26, 2018, 09:13:45 PM
I don't know if this is a bug but when assigning the GK-2a volume control to vguitar pickup tone control the guitar/synth/mix switch behaves differently.

When switching to guitar the synthsound (vguitar model) stays ON.

I like the switch to behave as it should: mix sounds or only allow analog guitar or vguitar. The volume control is handy for tonecontrol but I can't seem to get both worlds.

Anybody got a solution?
Nope, that is the way it works. The mix switch works because it controls the volume just like the volume control knob. Once you switch the knob to something else the switch will not function the same.

Gurbz

Thanks, I'll try a extra volumepedal then or a livid instruments guitar wing
Grtz,

Gurbz

Frankenstein GK2-A strat/VG-88/GP-10/Cube 80XL/M-audio black box/Heritage guitars/Hook Amps/ Boss ME-5/Boss ME-8/Boss GT-3/Boss GT-5/Pro co RAT 1987/ Meris pedals/ Ton of eighties rack gear

Gurbz

Amazon is quick! 8)
Grtz,

Gurbz

admin

Quote from: Gurbz on January 02, 2019, 04:01:41 AM

Amazon is quick! 8)

So of course you know -  now we all want a Guitar Wing Wireless control of our Katana's ( via an Android tablet +OTG USB cable ) running your app or Android MIDI  Control app   

http://theappwhisperer.com/2011/06/top-midi-controller-apps-for-android-undefined/

Gurbz

Of course :P
This is one funky controller!
(Trying to digest all new possibilities  :o)
(And started immediately messing with the katana slicer fx)

Thanks for the link, I'll be back
Grtz,

Gurbz

admin

QuoteI don't know if this is a bug but when assigning the GK-2a volume control to vguitar pickup tone control the guitar/synth/mix switch behaves differently.

Roland US-20 A/B Selector BUG (Importance of GK-VOL Assignment)
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=2246.0

Gurbz

What a thread! Or treat ;D
Thanks for the link.
(I did not read a workaround or should I read again?)

Anyway, the little guitar wing slider will control the vg-88 cosmguitar tone, and a lot more.
Grtz,

Gurbz

Gurbz

Grtz,

Gurbz

Gurbz

Grtz,

Gurbz

Gurbz

You can not see this clearly but I can program change with the up and down arrow buttons, stepping through preset 1-8
Grtz,

Gurbz