Boss Waza Tube Amp Expander

Started by admin, November 15, 2018, 08:25:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

plexified

Just a heads up that Dave Friedman of RACKSYSTEMS and Friedman Amps did a shoot out at his studio with this BOSS unit,  the OX box , Fryette Power Station and others. He stated, "best sounding load of all the ones we tested". In addition he endorsed its performance with vintage Marshalls of the Plexi era including the 100 watters. I can't find his other discussion on it , but I do remember this one below. He touches on it briefly at the 2:17:50 mark if anybody is interested.

alancarl

I am looking to hook the WAZA Tube Amp Expander and use it in a slightly different way than I've seen or heard of  it being used so far.
So my question is with the WAZA TAE hooked up in the normal fashion (Tube amp speaker output to WAZA's input reactive load then Waza's output power amp to speaker and or Line Outputs to FRFR speakers, PA, etc) can i hook another speaker up to the tube amp's speaker output---essentially can I hook up a speaker in parallel with the Waza's input reactive load?

It seems to me that since the reactive load is 'seen' by the tube amp as a speaker then having the Waza's load and a speaker hooked up together in parallel would act as a 2-speaker cabinet.
Not knowing what type of circuitry is inside I just want to make sure that this won't cause any issues with the reactive load of the WAZA.
Any insights would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks
AL

alancarl

Hey TAE fans,
     I just realized that there is no noise gate in the current version of the WAZA TAE DSP tools.
I believe that this is a critical component of re-amping and direct recording of tube amps set to '11' with drive pedals trying to light things up so to speak!
I hope this is planned for the next firmware release soon:-)
Thanks
Al

alancarl

Quote from:  admin on August 02, 2019, 08:53:27 AM
Best to contact the source
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=13299.msg190792#msg190792

Thanks Steve,
      I did contact Roland US and whoever replied misread  what I was asking about.
They answered that yes I can connect 2 speakers to the power amp output of the Waza which of course is obvious:-0
Oh well next.
Thanks for everybody's work in this forum... I do find it a tremendous source of info and inspiration!
Peace
Al

alancarl

Roland did reply again and advised against hooking the Waza up in the way I described. They cautioned that the impedance will change with more speakers connected which I know...I might try it with my Boogie which has a pretty substantial output transformer with multiple output windings ...also knowing that I am interested ima blend of timbres and I won't be running any of my high powered amps on 11!
I actually dig using my small tube amps with the Waza being the perfect Slave amp setup for more volume, not less like many want to use the Waza for:-)
Thanks
Al

admin

WAZA TUBE AMP EXPANDER VERSION 2 SOFTWARE UPDATE AVAILABLE NOW!

The free Version 2 update brings more IR slots and more microphone choices!
Speaker impulse response support has been greatly increased, with the number of user IR slots extended from 4 to 32. More microphone choices are also available for the built-in cabs, including a new ribbon mic type, three dynamic/ribbon mic blends, and two different room mic variations.

https://www.boss.info/global/promos/waza_tube_amp_expander/?fbclid=IwAR3VWNvoX_K-trIXf2hQw4JW3uu9eUK8eKqznRF13bEloPJupsolk925UFg

alancarl

Hey everybody
      I just used my WAZA TAE for a few concerts in Downtown Chicago and I really could have used a noise gate for the amp on 11 patch:-)
Anybody else believe that this would be very useful in the DSP tools of the TAE?
Seems as though Boss might realize this... if the DSP cycles are maxed out I suggest that they loose the Fletcher-Munson thing... now I do think FM is a good dude but that bloc overloads digitally pretty harshly when the rig on 11:-0
Thanks
Al