GR-55 - Need help on this patch

Started by rogermask, April 10, 2018, 01:32:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rogermask

I have a patch that I like but I can't use the assigns. I assigned the reverb to turn on w/ the GK vol. but it doesnt work. no problem with other patches. the patch uses normal PU, I noticed in the modeling say "bass mode modeling" is that has something to do with that. even though im not using the modeling, and how do I change to guitar modeling in case I want to use that, thank you

gumtown

I would guess you are using GR-55FloorBoard editor,
From the menu bar on the top, the menu item at the right allows for User Mode Selection.
The patch you initially used may have been designed for Bass Mode, which only really makes a difference to the modelling tones.

If you want the GK VOL to control the reverb, check there is no other control switching the same reverb control,
or you end up with a function conflict.
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

rogermask

Thank you, I changed that patch to guitar mode and now works. couple of more things need to know...

1, when I double clic on a patch on the left hand tree on the floorboard the tree closes and I dont see the patches that i was audition anymore, is this normal?
2, theres anyway that can copy an affect to another patch? when I clic on the assing buttons I see on top paste buttons how do I use these..thank you 

gumtown

Quote from: rogermask on April 10, 2018, 02:58:19 PM
Thank you, I changed that patch to guitar mode and now works. couple of more things need to know...

1, when I double clic on a patch on the left hand tree on the floorboard the tree closes and I dont see the patches that i was audition anymore, is this normal?
2, theres anyway that can copy an affect to another patch? when I clic on the assing buttons I see on top paste buttons how do I use these..thank you

The patch tree is collapsible/expandable, so you can focus on a patch area of the GR-55 (since it has 397 User patches they won't all be displayed at once),
each time the tree is expanded, the new patch names are read in from the GR-55.
Sometimes opening a Bass Mode patch can cause a few strange things to happen wit the GUI, as Bass Mode has less preset patches, the Patch Tree changes, as does the Modelling layout.
If you open a Bass Mode Patch for Guitar mode, it is best to change the "Mode" setting to guitar, this causes the GUI to automatically switch to Bass Mode to view the correct patch settings for its designed mode, changing the Patch mode will save the patch status to guitar when saved too.

To copy an effect part, open the patch in the editor which has parts you want to copy, and from the 5 ClipBoard buttons on the bottom row, save the patch into one of the clipboards.
You can now open/load in the patch you want to work on (you can also save this patch into one of the clipboards as a revert back/undo function).
In the effect edit page, you will see clipboard paste buttons 1~5, which will paste only the settings seen on that page into your currently open patch from one of the 5 clipboard saved patches.

Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

rogermask

thank you for all your help. when I convertED the bass mode modeling to guitar modeling now the patches stay in place when I double click in another patch. CONGRATS ON THIS FLOORBOARD, IT MAKES A BIG DIFFERENCE TO EDIT PATCHES, THAN YOU...