New Primova Sound project idea?

Started by carlb, March 01, 2018, 01:25:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

carlb

Don't know if such a beast has been proposed:

The "MIDI-USB Middle-Manager"

Allows connection of multiple MIDI-over-USB Hosts, MIDI-over-USB Slaves, 5 pin MIDI I/O, 7 pin MIDI I/O ...

Includes "codesmarts" to pass-through PC/MAC editor software traffic directly to a user selected USB (that of the MIDI-USB slave intended for).

Other USB traffic with MIDI data gets routed to all ports by default. But has the ability to select or deselect ports for given MIDI channels to keep players "in their own lanes" if needed.

Allows MIDI traffic from an FTP to be sent to a soft-synths at the same time as hard-synths.

Allows for a versatile foot controller to control multiple USB-MIDI slaves, too.

This would be a world-wide smash ...

Started thinking about this, because to have both my Katana and GP-10 controlled by a smart foot controller, right now I need two MIDX-20s. Why not one "MIDX-1000?"
ES Les Paul, internal Roland GK
Boss SY-1000, Valeton Coral Amp pedal
Morningstar MC8 & MC6
QSC CP8 powered speaker

gumtown

This is what actually goes on in there ...  ;D

Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

carlb

Might be kind of true! In that multiple MIDX-20 processors could be deployed for most of the functionality, with MIDI traffic shared between them.

Instead of a "One controller does all," it could be dedicated controllers for their own MIDI/USB I/O ports, each with functionality roughly equivalent to the MIDX-20's.

Seems feasible, at least. Would be more costly to produce of course: more jacks, processors, bigger PCB, bigger box ...
ES Les Paul, internal Roland GK
Boss SY-1000, Valeton Coral Amp pedal
Morningstar MC8 & MC6
QSC CP8 powered speaker

CodeSmart

Hm... two large enough chips could control 4 USB each (integrated USB hub) and 2 MIDi In+out each.
Totally 8 USB and 4 x MIDI IN & OUT. Why not also through in a display for easy setup.
Just a little portion of software (and time) required...heya!!!
But I got more gear than I need...and I like it!

cags12

I know it gets expensive but it would be Fantastic if it is also a MIDI interface for the computer using the USB connection. :)

What about a Variax Bridge? A lot of reverse engineering I presume but would be great to control Variaxes without L6 pedalboards.