GP-10 - Macminer's synth collection

Started by macminer, February 08, 2018, 02:38:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

macminer

Here's the result of playing with my GP-10 I got a week ago. I've created two collections of patches for my personal use that I am happy to share with anybody who finds them useful. The first one contains some synth patches either as standalone sounds or combined with guitar timbres.
The ones marked with an asterisk are modifications of system patches or other people's patches. The rest are created from scratch. The second collection contains acoustic and quasi-acoustic guitar patches (I will post it soon).

Here's the list:

• RC Organ - church organ (very bright)
  • RC Organ2 - church organ (moderate, very playable, either melody or chords)
  • Organic MG* - guitar + organ background
  • BlueinGSynth - Sweeping synth (moog type), CTL2 switches PU
  • BlueinGTrian - Softer synth (moog), CTL2 switches PU
  • BlueinGSquar - Harmonica-like synth, CTL2 switches PU
  • WhistLeadMG* - whistle lead
  • GuitPod MG* - spacey pad
  • RichModPad* - pad based on rich modulation FX
  • HarmonicaPd - guitar with soft harmonica (try playing "My Cherie Amour" by S. Wonder). FV controls harmonica level
  • OverDrPad - light crunch guitar + pad (FV controls pad level)
  • SlowPadMG* - guitar with slow pad (FV controls pad level)
  • CrystPadMG* - guitar with crystal pad (FV controls pad level)
  • Guit+FltPad - guitar with spacey pulsating pad (FV controls PU level)
  • Sweep Pad MG* - guitar with light sweep pad (FV controls pad level)
  • Guit+PhasPad - guitar with phasing pad (FV controls PU level)
  • WahWurli - Epiano (Wurlitzer), CTL2 switches PU, CTL1 acts as sustain pedal

Note on WahWurli: it seems realistic epiano sounds are hard to get with GP-10, since there are too few OSC parameters. Only two oscillators and amplitude envelope not controlable separately for each one. So the only possibility is to play with filter (with piano the aim is to get an audible change in amplitude envelope). Normally a piano sound has a bright attack ("bell"), with lots of overtones and a much softer decay/sustain.

I have had experience programing various synths, both additive (FM) and subtractive (PCM). Even though OSC resembles some FM (or analogue) synths, it is very limited. Even compared to a very antique Casio VZ (http://www.vintagesynth.com/casio/vz1.php early 1990s), which had 8 waveforms to start with, pitch shift up to 5 octaves, separate envelope for pitch and amplitude for each wave, and most innovative "phase distortion", that is any wave could interactively shape another one (one may think of it like a very advanced oscillator system). With other synths of that time one could get a fairly realistic piano patch by combining a short piano or epiano sample with an FM synthesized "slow decay" sound (the duller part of the piano sound). This method was used in Roland's D50. Sadly, no such thing is possible with GP-10.

admin

Thanks for contributing new GP-10 patches!

roachone

slooky

peterminator

macminer

Quote from: peterminator on February 27, 2018, 12:11:55 PM
Great sounds,mainly RC organs.
If you liked the RC organs from this collection you might also try my "ProcolHOrg" organ from the "Xtra things collection"
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=22858.0

mccorp

Thanks for this collection. I was very interested in your explanation regarding Epiano sounds. I have always wondered why I have not heard a piano patch that has worked for me thus far. If anyone has found a piano patch I would love to try it out. All this aside, the GP-10 is terrific!
Sometimes you have to let go of the melody and focus on the rhythm

RMedel

:) Thank you for the patches.  Love the organ patch.  Rich

iusemidi

RMedel

Does the Boss GP-10 have the ability to send the guitar's signal with the GK-3 pickup to separate channels? 

Is it possible to send string signales i.e, send lower E,A & D strings used for bass to one amp and the upper G,B & E strings to another amp or channel on a PA.

I play solo guitar (fingerstyle) and use a BOSS OC-3.  I'm trying to accomplish the same on the Boss GP-10.  Thank you in advance for your responses.

pasha811

You can panpot the strings so that Left and Right output play separate strings group.  :)
Listen to my music at :  http://alonetone.com/pasha/

AndresOtero