MIDX 20 BOSS GP10 - MIDI Implementation

Started by slyisdead, January 29, 2018, 10:29:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slyisdead

Hi Everyone.

Now that i own the beautiful MIDX 20 i'm trying to parameter it with the GP10 and my Rocktron Midi Raider. Great Reasults, but some things missing because of my small midi experience.
I've seen on the Promiva Sound web site that there is existing files of midi implementations for the Boss MS3 or GT1.
Is there an existing one for the GP10 ?
Or a list where i can found the Midi CC number for Flanger  or the Midi CC number for delay dedicated to the GP10 ?
Been reading a lot on the  forum but can't find it.

Thanx a lot in advance for your kind help

Have a good day all

Yohanes

You can find the MIDI Implementation Chart of Boss GP-10 at the end of its User Manual/Operation Guide.

For Boss GP-10, there is no dedicated MIDI CC# to specific effects, instead you have to assign a MIDI CC number to what effect you want (using ASSIGN Function in Boss GP-10). So you have to "ASSIGN", let say, Flanger to MIDI CCxx and then program your MIDX-20 or connected MIDI controller to output MIDI CCxx to control/turn on/off the said effect parameter.

I have written (in Bahasa) a blog about this at: https://kandani.blogspot.com/2017/02/understanding-boss-gp-10s-control-and.html

Hope this help.

Best regards.
Yamaha Pacifica 510V
Roland G-707
Godin Freeway SA
Boss GP-10
Roland GR-50

slyisdead

Thank you Yohanes for your  great support.

Following your advices I managed to assign a Boss FS6U on the CTRL1 insert of the MDX20. Working great.

Now i got to figure out how not to press twice but only once on the A or B switch to toggle On or Off my chosen effect !

I keep on discovering !

admin

Quote from: slyisdead on January 30, 2018, 12:03:32 PM
Thank you Yohanes for your  great support.

Following your advices I managed to assign a Boss FS6U on the CTRL1 insert of the MDX20. Working great.

Now i got to figure out how not to press twice but only once on the A or B switch to toggle On or Off my chosen effect !

I keep on discovering !

Suggest read the full thread on MIDX-20 here
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=17561.0

and Control / Expression Pedals
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=33.0

GP-10 assign  [toggle] + FS-6  [Latch] = double latching, pedal requires 2 presses to do one function (effect on/off)

GP-10 assign  [toggle] + FS-6  [Moment] = press once to toggle effect on/off, pedal led only lights while held down

GP-10 assign  [moment] + FS-6  [moment] = effect only on while pedal held down, pedal led only on while held down

GP-10 assign  [moment] + FS-6  [Latch] = press once to toggle effect on/off, pedal led toggles with effect status

slyisdead

Thank you very much ! This is exactly what i was missing
Working Great. A bit confused with the led on the FS6U that does not follow the on and off stuff but works great

Codesmart, your MIDX20 is really fantastic !