GP-10 - Black Album Tone (Metallica)

Started by sunny84, September 01, 2015, 01:28:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunny84

Hi guys,  I've mooched around here long enough!  Had some time off and thought I'd have a shot at the "Black Album" tone. I've used Enter Sandman as a test (excuse the shoddy playing, I've not played the song in years -I work in a guitar shop and it's an off limits riff :P).

I've tried to match the processing so if it's drenched in reverb etc, dial it back (on both clean and dirty).  I've set up some of the switches to mimic certain parts of the distorted tones eg SW3 uses only the modelled guitar for the bridge riff and the expression pedal engages the wah, delay, boost and gain of the amp.

I should add that the volume is a bit high on the lead (my bad, didn't really adjust levels when I was exporting).  I've jammed along with a backing track so you guys can here it in the mix so to speak.

The guitar used was an Les Paul with an EMG 81 in the bridge (actually it's got an 81-81 because I'm strange like that)!

roachone

RavenSalt

peterminator

jim-analog

Greetings,

Great job on the patch; thanks for sharing! PS.............I've had that riff in my head for the last couple days; really cool to find your patch for the tone..

Regards, Jim