What guitars are we using for TP

Started by Sum Dhood, February 26, 2023, 11:54:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sum Dhood

You cannot view this attachment.

Home made, would like to get the unit inside the body, it's mostly hollow.

ampedup

Nice guitar! It fit well on my cheap Les Paul Jr. 80 dollar guitar. Didn't fit well on my es135 Gibson, just as well, the cheapie is a good place for it.

kenact

Mine are both built in, Godin Session Custom Tripleplay and Godin Montreal Premier Tripleplay.
Godin Session & Montreal FTP, LGXT, LGX SA, Redline, ACS, A12, A11, A10, A4
Danoblaster Baritone w/GK-3
Gretsch Nashville, Viking
Fender Strats
Fret King Supermatic
Larrivee DV03RE
Parker Midi Fly
Seagull, S&P 12
VOX Phantom XII
GR-55, 33, 30, 20, GI-20, RC-50, US-20, VG-99, VP-7
Sentient 6
Cyr 7

Sum Dhood

Quote from: ampedup on March 06, 2023, 07:07:09 AMNice guitar! It fit well on my cheap Les Paul Jr. 80 dollar guitar. Didn't fit well on my es135 Gibson, just as well, the cheapie is a good place for it.

I first installed mine on a vintage squier strat :) MIDI cares not for "tonewood" ;)

Sum Dhood

Quote from: kenact on March 06, 2023, 11:13:46 AMMine are both built in, Godin Session Custom Tripleplay and Godin Montreal Premier Tripleplay.

Nice arsenal indeed!

I installed stainless steel frets into a vintage G505 for someone a few years back, some of Japan's finest builds. They put Fender to shame in that era QC wize

HCarlH

The cheapest guitar I've ever bought. A Squire Bullet Strat for Black Friday savings of $99.
I originally used this for the GR-55 and now for the FTP. The body is glorious basswood  :D.
The neck is thin and fast. I put sealed keys from my Japanese Squire ('87) and the pots are upgraded along with the Duncan pickups. PAF in both front and back, the rear is a Trembucker version.
3 way switch. This started out as a SSS Strat. The action is better than any of my more expensive guitars.

I bought this mainly for synth guitar use and is why I didn't spend more on another Strat. I have used this in a band (with GR-55). You really can't tell it apart from an American Strat with hum buckers.

GR-55 (or) Fishman TP + Kemper Profiling Rack -->> 
QSC K10 -->> FOH
Fender Squier Stratocaster Bullet (w/GK3), Ibanez AM93 (w/FTP pickup),  Stratocaster (w/FTP pickup)

Telecaster, Charvel SoCal ProMod, Gibson Les Paul, PV Wolfgang,

ampedup

I'm with you on the cheap strat idea. I have a 60 dollar no name ebay strat that I put GM pickups, vintage tuners, bridge and did a antique refinish on the maple neck, I like it better than the 1700 dollar EJ strat that I used to have. Solid body guitars are just a chunk of wood, really nothing special, this strat is super light weight too.