PD Space Guitar Synthesizer BETA 1.1.0 is online

Started by PD FX, December 17, 2020, 06:17:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PD FX

Gimme Hand Tricks
An example of whammyblendmouthing

PD FX

The current beta has a lot of new options, in fact I promised myself to stop now with adding all the stuff I like..

PD Space Guitar 1.3.41 BETA is up for review!
———————————————------------------
This should be the 2nd last beta. You are all invited to experiment with it, suggestions and reports are welcome!
Added smooth Patch changes.
=======================
Now patch changes are done via crossfading the the amp/mod/delay and cabinet.
>>SPECIAL FEATURE:
1. MIDI Program changes will be only listened too when in the range 0-100
2. As soon as a patch between 100 en 199 is chosen **manually**,  the incoming MIDI PC then will be mapped to this range. This goes for every range 0, 100-199, 200-299 etc etc
3. This way you can have several instances of SG running in parallell within a host, each havin its own range.
SHAPER
==============

1) Now there are 3 doubler modes: Doubler, Overtones and... intelligent Harmonisers!
the harmonisers use a simple 1 3 5 chord expansion over multiple octaves and can be automated via remote / ENV, which results in a nice auto arpeggiating frenzy.
The harmonisers plays one note from the chord row on the doubler channel.
AMP
=============
1. the AMP now has a multimode filter, with remote/ENV oparation. Auto-wah or by remotecontrol and more.
 Sensitivy adjustable with indicator on screen.  Wackawacka!
MOD
========
 The modulator now has a ROTOR mode. Note: the spread in amps governs the global pan width, so you have to adjust that too for best results! Let your inner Lachy Dooley out!
REMOTE
=============
Reworked the remote system: both ENV's and CC's now have senstivity and direction.

gumtown

Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

PD FX

Quote from: gumtown on January 07, 2023, 02:20:37 PMDemo sounds Great !!  :D
Thanks!
There are now multiple little amps in it, so the 2 resynthesized voices here each have their own amps and fx.
In quatro mode, the normal guitar gets 2 amps, and the "shaper", the resynthesized guitar, also has 2 amps.
now those amps are quiet simple waveshapy thingies, but with all the extra spectral content you don't need a real rich amp anyway. I'm working on having enough "brown" sound, to match up with the "bright" sound, which is just a different waveshape algorithm. Bright is mostly a simple soft clipper, that cleans up when played softer, and brown is a sound that does not completely clear up. Fender vs. Marshall so to speak, 6l6 vs. EL34.

jassy

It's available for the owners or only beta testers?

PD FX

I'd love to make the beta for the registered users only, but as it is, it is an open beta.

jassy

So as an owner I need to uninstall the original in order to try this one with test flight?

PD FX

Quote from: jassy on January 12, 2023, 04:54:32 AMSo as an owner I need to uninstall the original in order to try this one with test flight?
the beta (like  any other SG update) will not overwrite existing userpresets. If you however make new userpresets with the beta, those will ofcourse not work properly when you revert back to the old release.

PD FX

PD FX

uploaded,  waiting  for apple's review.
PD Space Guitar 1.3.42 BETA
=======================

The first 10 factory presets offer a glimpse from what is new and possible, from preset 10 upward, most presets have been altered to use the stereo system, mostly QUATRO.
Please mind that the official release will have way more new presets, but I'm still working on it.
There is a lot of new stuff, allthough the number of knobs hasn't increased.
SHAPER
=======
 -  smoother frequency & filter  tracking for the hx modes,
- faster attack and decay for the low frequencies in all modes
AMP
====
-  the amp master level is gone. Use the slider to the right instead!
- all waveshaping is now oversampled
-  FILTER:  the old sweep filter now is a full unit, with its own ENV/CC or autofilter. So it can do wahwah and autowah. The filter now also has a Lowpass and Highpass mode.
- SQUEEL: a new waveshaper that can add a bit of bite and lots of intermodulation.... or make it sound like you're blowing up amps somewhere in a cellar. The amount of Squeel is remotable!
- ATTACK:  a normal mono attack knob: stop the sound and then play: there will be an intro ramp. works nicely to make both shaper and guitar sound more unisone smooth. The amount of attack is remotable!
- TONE:  will now rollof the grain of the overdrive at 6dB per octave, but the normal guitar trebles at 3dB per octave. This way you can get the grain better where you want it.

**Please add your email adress when you found a bug or send a screenshot. It is nice to be able to talk to you! ,;)**

Added to that, you're welcome to visit my places:
- Forum:  http://spaceguitar.pauldriessen.de
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/experimentalPaul
Best regards,
Paul

PD FX

Basic usage of the new filter in the amp section explained

PD FX

Fluteway to Heaven..
for those who missed the naming hint ;)

yellow napkins

I just bought the actual version and tried it on my ipad pro 9,7 from 2017 and it´s great. great tracking, no false triggers, complex chords like G7#5#9 possible, works like a charm.
Sounds are great too, mostly anlog vangelis alike, a lot of reverb, but a great reverb too.

i used gm70, vg8, vg99, MidiGuitar and vg1000 before and i am really impressed.
no setting up, no special picking neccesary, best experience so far.

VG-8, VG-99, ATG-1, GP-10, SY-1000, Kemper

PD FX

Just a little update: there will be soon be a new updated official version. I've taken the time to make everything a little better still for the upcoming version, still got smaller stuff to test and tweak.

jassy

Quote from: Paul Driessen on March 08, 2023, 08:08:39 AMJust a little update: there will be soon be a new updated official version. I've taken the time to make everything a little better still for the upcoming version, still got smaller stuff to test and tweak.
Great sound!

PD FX

A complete Space Guitar band
live overdub session with the video editor, only used PD Space Guitar for sound

PD FX

PD FX

Another on screen preset, this time with a 7 string.
The guitar is tuned like a bass on the 4 low strings E' A' D G
then the G is starting point for G d a e', which is an octave below a violin.
Great tuning for folky music and easy to learn!

PD FX

This kind of guitarsynth sound is perhaps the most widely accepted and sought after, so a demo with preset for it is kind of obligatory.

Aph

SY-1000  v1.08
BTS for SY-1000  v1.02

Chrismiami

Quote from: Paul Driessen on April 28, 2023, 10:12:10 AMThis kind of guitarsynth sound is perhaps the most widely accepted and sought after, so a demo with preset for it is kind of obligatory.
I thought you were intimating it would be a GR-300 sound! Haha!

PD FX

PD FX

Quote from: Chrismiami on April 28, 2023, 07:47:21 PMI thought you were intimating it would be a GR-300 sound! Haha!
I never implied it sounds like that particular device, but you can get into a simular zone with that one, yes.
SG has no filtering per string, which is preserved for hardware hexaphonic setups.

Chrismiami

Quote from: Paul Driessen on April 29, 2023, 03:01:08 AMI never implied it sounds like that particular device, but you can get into a simular zone with that one, yes.
SG has no filtering per string, which is preserved for hardware hexaphonic setups.

That was just my interpretation of "the most widely accepted and sought after" sound...  I love the sound that it actually was, though. Now I'm going to seek after it!