NUX - MG-300 MFX FAQ

Started by admin, July 17, 2020, 10:31:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Random1

I'm a noob to cab sims and IR's. Is software apps like Amplitube far superior to units like the Nux MG300 in sound quality and feel. Not number of cabs, speakers, mic selections, features etc. Just tone?

admin

Quote from: Random1 on April 15, 2021, 01:50:23 PM
I'm a noob to cab sims and IR's. Is software apps like Amplitube far superior to units like the Nux MG300 in sound quality and feel. Not number of cabs, speakers, mic selections, features etc. Just tone?

I own both,  far prefer the NUX

Less hassle with latency

Amplitude is always a battle of USB drivers and OS compatibility-when I dont want to play guitar, I'll dive into Amplitube

Random1

peterw

Dear all thank for your time.
I have just bought the NUX MG 300 as per instructions ,I downloaded and installed the firmware .
Before I loaded the firmware my expression pedal was a volume pedal and the Wah pedal was linked to pedal(full control)
After the update and the pedal calibration as per instructions the results are below :
No volume pedal ,I have to have the pedal full down to get any sound
The Wah pedal only works at down range ,not through the full Wah pedal travel only the last few degrees of down are effective.
The pedal has been re-calibrated several times with no change.
Factory reset carried out as well
How can I reinstate the Volume pedal function and get the WAh working in its full range
Best Regards
Peterw Brunei

admin

Quote from: peterw on July 20, 2021, 11:37:22 PM
Dear all thank for your time.
I have just bought the NUX MG 300 as per instructions ,I downloaded and installed the firmware .
Before I loaded the firmware my expression pedal was a volume pedal and the Wah pedal was linked to pedal(full control)
After the update and the pedal calibration as per instructions the results are below :
No volume pedal ,I have to have the pedal full down to get any sound
The Wah pedal only works at down range ,not through the full Wah pedal travel only the last few degrees of down are effective.
The pedal has been re-calibrated several times with no change.
Factory reset carried out as well
How can I reinstate the Volume pedal function and get the WAh working in its full range
Best Regards
Peterw Brunei

place pedal on hardwood floor, ( no carpeting)

recalibrate the expression pedal

peterw

Thank you for your reply.
I have tried what you said
,Still the same result ,pedal has to hard down before any sound can be heard.
Brg Peterw Brunei

admin

Be sure you are calibrating expression pedal correctly

Contact NUX Support
https://www.nuxefx.com/company.html
or ask at the Facebook Group where they hang out

https://www.facebook.com/groups/879966155822846

brucechillin

Hi all. I purchased a NUX MG 300. I did the firmware update, recalibrated the expression pedal, and installed the ASIO drivers in Windows 10. I use Pro Tools to record. I'm able to record into Pro Tools through the MG300 USB port and see that the signal is getting through; however, when I disarm the track and play it back, I can't hear what I recorded. I routed the outputs to stereo 1 and 2 in PTs IO, but no sound comes back through the MG300 Headphone output. I only hear my guitar signal plugged into the MG300s input. How can I hear the signal I recorded? I'm very confused! Thanks for any help!

admin

If on Windows, Use NUX-MG300 ASIO driver