DD-200 MIDI CC# Control

Started by Djonyses, October 22, 2020, 06:18:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Djonyses

Trying to get some info about DD200 midi controls. Is there any way to get the CC numbers for controlling the pedal switches from a midi device? I want to press the midi button rather than the pedal to set tempo or start/stop the looper. Anyone who can help?

admin

Quote from: Djonyses on October 22, 2020, 06:18:10 AM
Trying to get some info about DD200 midi controls. Is there any way to get the CC numbers for controlling the pedal switches from a midi device? I want to press the midi button rather than the pedal to set tempo or start/stop the looper. Anyone who can help?

See Page 13 of the manual  - you get to assign a unique MIDI CC# for the target DD-200 FX to be controlled remotely
https://www.dj-store.ru/data/files/files/2310_file.pdf

QuoteIt's not the value that you change, it's the CC controller within the pedal that receives the messages. There are 127 possible controller "channels" that can happen on.

Say you want to control the delay feedback. You set the CC number for feedback on the DD-200 to "001", then you would program your MIDI controller to send a CC message to "001" with whatever value between 0 and 127 you wanted the feedback to go to.

If the MIDI controller has a rocker pedal, it should be able to continuously update the CC value to give you an expression pedal effect.

There are MIDI CC controllers for each of the knobs on the DD-200 individually, but I'm guessing that if you connected an analogue expression pedal to the jack on the DD-200 you could set it to control multiple parameters simultaneously, not just delay time *or* feedback *or* mix level or whatever, so the MIDI CC controller for the expression pedal should be able to do the same.

https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/173341/any-dd-200-users-midi-question

ravmitterhoff

Does anyone know how to send CC messages to turn the delay effect on and off? (in place of the left pedal switch) I see there is a parameter listed SAC as on/off switch CC but it does not seem to work or maybe I just do not know how to use it even though all the other midi commands I have set up work.

ajb1965

Quote from: ravmitterhoff on June 15, 2022, 05:34:41 AMDoes anyone know how to send CC messages to turn the delay effect on and off? (in place of the left pedal switch) I see there is a parameter listed SAC as on/off switch CC but it does not seem to work or maybe I just do not know how to use it even though all the other midi commands I have set up work.

I've had similar frustrations because I can't seem to find a consistent method.  The MIDI implementation on the 200 series is not the best IMHO. 

I use a Helix and you can have "instant" that will update MIDI and other parameters when you enter a patch or a snapshot, and then standard MIDI toggle control from a footswitch.  I can get the toggle to work but not the Instant consistently.  For toggle - First make sure the DD200 can receive CC messages.  In parameters make sure CCi is ON.  Then check the S (upside down A) C parameter and see what that number is.  That's the CC number for on/off switch.  Make sure your controller is set to send that CC number and that the switch is set to momentary/toggle.  I have high CC value at 115 and low value at 12.  I know that's not ideal but it works.    Good Luck!

Kevin M

It looks like you have to set the specific CC you want to use, first.  Did you already set that? I normally just use cc values of 0 and 127 for on/off.

ajb1965

OK I'm an ID10T I just found this in the manual and it works like a champ.  CC 27 is the default CC# for the EFC parameter.  EFC = effect on/off.  CC value 0 off CC value more than 0 = on.  I have no idea why they have CC control for on/off switch AND effect on/off, it's a bit confusing.