BluGuitar Amp1

Started by Elantric, February 19, 2015, 09:37:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beatpete

I got my Amp-1 and I'm wondering if I can make my own midi cable? I saw Elantric's post on the gear page about how to wire it but I'm wondering if anyone has actually tried it?

beatpete

For anyone interested, I tried both a TS 1/4" and TRS 1/4" cable and neither worked. I guess there must be something else to the MIDI1 cable.

Elantric

Quote from: beatpete on May 04, 2018, 05:37:46 PM
For anyone interested, I tried both a TS 1/4" and TRS 1/4" cable and neither worked. I guess there must be something else to the MIDI1 cable.

I'll  open mine up and investigate this weekend

EDIT: AFTER  I  find my MIDI1 Adapter ( temporarily misplaced after a studio clean up )

admin

Elantric

Quote from: beatpete on May 04, 2018, 09:31:04 AMI got my Amp-1 and I'm wondering if I can make my own midi cable? I saw Elantric's post on the gear page about how to wire it but I'm wondering if anyone has actually tried it?

Its a bit more complicated

It appears to be a complete MIDI Spec compliant MIDI Input interface on a small PC board tucked inside the DIN Shell

There is an Optocoupler and DiODES  - I figure its phantom powered from the AMP1  - remember this same Control port on AMP1 can connect to a remote control

I detect a similar design philosophy pedigree between Bluguitar AMP1 and Hughes & Kettner   -

Elantric

hsuru4u

very cool unit from the vids. wish he would make a 2-12 stereo amp with effects.

DutchGuitarDude

I just have bought the Mercury Edition. I fell in love with the amp1 after my first strum. I'm coming from a katana. The responsiveness is blowing the katana out of the water!

What an awesome Amp.

Now I need a good and light cab. Any recommendations?

admin

admin

admin

admin

Elantric