GT-100 - Changing patch while in manual mode

Started by kermit, November 04, 2015, 03:50:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kermit

I would like to scroll through all available patches without leaving manual mode, preferably using just 2 pedals (up and down). Basically, the problem is I can't find a way to assign any user pedals to "patch" (what knob 1 does in preset mode). I can assign a pedal to "number inc" or "number dec", it doesn't increase or decrease beyond whichever bank I'm currently in. To get beyond that I'd have to assign 2 more pedals to "bank inc" and "bank dec" which becomes wasteful and unnecessarily complicated. Does anyone know how I can get this to work without buying a separate midi controller that may not end up working? Or, if there is no other way, would the Boss DD-500 be able to control this via MIDI?

kermit

Sorry, I was talking about my gt 100. I don't know how gt 001 got put up there.

gumtown

You still have the patch knob in manual mode.

A trick I have used in the past is to use assigns, so the input level as the Source, controlling manual mode.
So while you are playing, the GT-100 is in manual mode.
While there is silence, the GT-100 switches back to patch mode.

You will have to save the same assign on all patches, but it is one way around using patch mode/manual mode.

At another time when I used to use a GR-20 + GK pickup with the GT (before the GR-55 came along), I had the GT and GR 'midi'd together so that the GK S1/S2 buttons scrolled through the patches on both units.
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

kermit

I'm worried if I tried that, I would accidentally hit a different preset when I just wanted to turn an effect on or off. Plus I'd like to avoid bending down to the floor between each song to turn a knob.

toddanthonyf

I bought the fcb1010 midi controller ( behringer )  used that to change patches. It will change patches on the gt 100 while in manual mode. Works great ! Hope that helps.