GK3-KIT-BG (internal GK kit for bass)

Started by loopman, September 26, 2016, 12:35:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

loopman

Hello guys,
I have a question about the GK-KIT-BG3, the internal mounting GK kit for bass. Does it have a lower tracking latency compared to the standard external GK-3B?

I'm planning to mount one of these on my bass and I would like to know if there is a difference.

Let me know,
Many many Thanks

admin

I have a question about the GK-KIT-BG3, the internal mounting GK kit for bass. Does it have a lower tracking latency compared to the standard external GK-3B?

No difference

Latency is not determined by the pickup type  - instead its  determined by the connected Processor and DSP processing speed - For Bass Instruments the VB-99 has lowest latency, the GR-55  / GR-20 Bass to PCM Synth will have higher latency, while Bass to MIDI systems typically have highest latency   

loopman

fokof

VB99 has no latency on COSM stuff but if you look for Pitch to MIDI , there is no solution for bass except IR basses.
Sadly.....

As other stated , the pickup has nothing to do with latency.

admin

Quotebut if you look for Pitch to MIDI , there is no solution for bass except IR basses.
Sadly.....

Like these:

http://www.industrialradio.com.au/products/pro-4-midi-bass.html

The PRO-4 MIDI Bass incorporates Industrial Radio's advanced Fretsense™ MIDI conversion technology into a classic 4-string Jazz-style bass design.

Made with select timbers and quality hardware, including Nordstrand pickups and Hipshot Ultralite tuners, the PRO-4 MIDI Bass is the perfect companion for the professional bassist who wants to harness the power of MIDI and get more out of their instrument of choice both live and in the studio.

The PRO-4 MIDI Bass utilises Industrial Radio's unique mutli-sensor Fretsense MIDI technology to provide the lowest possible latencies with more accuracy than pitch-to-voltage systems, making the PRO-4 the most playable bass MIDI controller on the market.

BASE PRICE
US$3,850.00*

* Price includes PRO-4 MIDI bass guitar, Fretsense™ Interface (FSI-1), Fretsense cable, SKB bass case, power supply & miscellaneous accessories for instrument care. Some options incur addtional charges. Price does not include shipping and duties. Australian customers required to pay 10% GST.

Specification
Here is the base specification (not including additional options).

loopman

Ok, thanks a lot guys.
So, the internal GK3-KIT BG it's only a way to hide the big body of the GK-3B, no difference related to the tracking latency.
In my setup, by already having an AWESOME SY-300 I'm sure that I'm looking more for a COSM synth stuff than a GR-55,because I already play synthesizers  and the GR-55 synth sounds don't convince me at all,
I like the VB-99 and I could find one new here in Italy, but the only problem for me is that it is quite old, I read somewhere here in the forum that the technology inside the VG/VB-99 is obviously older compared to the GR-55 or the GP-10, also the VB-99 is very expensive almost 1300 € euro.
The best companion for my SY-300 would been the GP-10, but unfortunately for me it doesn't work with the GK-3B, I have to wait for the next NAMMs, it my only hope

gumtown

The GR-55 does have the COSM HRM modelled synth like the VB-99 has, except the GR-55 can do one at a time, where the VB-99 can do two at one time.
Two GR-55's would give effectively nearly the equivalent of  a VB-99, plus the PCM synth as a bonus.

The VB-99 has been discontinued for quite some time now, so good luck on finding one new.
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

bassman4d521

The GR-55 doesn't have the Upright bass modeling and a very limited signal path and does not have an input for regular bass.