InMusic Headrush LooperBoard

Started by admin, April 12, 2019, 10:54:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

admin

The Headrush Looperboard was built to push the art of looping live audio to the next level. It utilizes a powerful quad-core DSP system, combined with a 7" touchscreen and a generous set of I/O with premium circuitry.
Plus, there's over five hours of onboard recording with stunning 32 bit / 48 kHz quality, premium Eleven HD Expanded effects, external USB/SD storage, USB audio interface and so much more. 

sonnyv

saw it in the guitarcenter catalog today

unclear if it is just looper and effects or if it includes the amp and speaker sims

admin

Quote from: sonnyv on April 15, 2019, 09:46:58 PM
saw it in the guitarcenter catalog today

unclear if it is just looper and effects or if it includes the amp and speaker sims

AFAIK - There is  very limited Amp Modeling and No Cab IR loading on Headrush Looperboard 

We all will know more on Thursday
https://www.gearnews.com/headrush-looperboard-leaks-ahead-of-thursdays-livestream/

sonnyv

that makes sense as to not "step on" their other 2 boards.
i assume it will be useful for someone who wants to control and mix guitar with vocals with effects and loops or tracks for a 1-man-band
(like some of the VoiceLive boards i've had which includes vocal and guitar effects, including, lower quality amp and cab modeling)

but at $899 it's an expensive add-on to their guitar boards

for half the price i have Digitech's Trio+ looper and Vocalist Live FX for voice

we'll see

admin

4 stereo inputs to Looper

6 stereo outputs for Looper

But only 2 in / 2 out as USB Audio Interface

Supports Amp modeling - but no third party Cab IR

A bit cramped with only One External Expression pedal - and no Expression Pedal A/B to toggle Vol / Wah

At 2 minutes Mitch Gallagher says Full FX control via MIDI

Has 2 USB Host ports - with any luck these may support MIDI USB Controllers ( like the Akai MPC-X from same InMusic team )

At $900 USD - this is not going to fly IMHO ( wait 6 months for a used model at $600)

Feature for feature Myself for a Looper - I still prefer one or Two EHX 95000 ( smaller stage footprint and more tracks) and less $$$

https://www.ehx.com/products/95000

Brak(E)man

The same problem as most guitarfx , one exception being vg99.
Either fotstomps and a lot of bending over.
Or no footstomps and keep it on the table.

One of my major not to like about design in guitar fx.
swimming with a hole in my body

I play Country music too, I'm just not sure which country it's from...

"The only thing worse than a guitar is a guitarist!"
- Lydia Lunch

admin

Quote from: Brak(E)man on April 17, 2019, 10:49:28 AM
The same problem as most guitarfx , one exception being vg99.
Either fotstomps and a lot of bending over.
Or no footstomps and keep it on the table.

One of my major not to like about design in guitar fx.

Agreed!

with Roland RC-300 - I've contemplated a mod - separating the RC-300 Red Control panel from the  footswitch chassis  - which id mount at waist level on a stand  - but not really possible

sonnyv

i'd call it more of a 4 track recorder/mixer with footswitches
or a portable computer with better i/o and footswitches

i'm waiting for someone to do it right and cheaper:
one device with built-in i/o and vst effects including amp and cab modeling that connects to a usb footswitch
-- upgradable windows/mac/android operating systems
-- usb keyboard and hdmi large screen connectable for edits

mooncaine

Since using a VG-99 for over a decade, I'm spoiled. I don't want the knobs and switches to be on the floor because, a) I enjoy those knobs and I turn 'em a lot! and b) I don't get a lot of floor space these days on a stage. Sometimes none at all.

Every looper I consider MUST have excellent external controllability. RC505 looking good to me in that respect. I must be the one who decides what the floor pedals are shaped like, how big, how many, whatever.
Because I feel this way, I passed up buying the Antares ATG-1 and a handful of looper pedals. I love big ol' pedalboards, but I gotta be realistic. There's just not enough room to land that plane here.

admin

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/LooperBoard--headrush-looperboard-advanced-performance-looper-with-7-inch-touchscreen
Headrush Looperboard Advanced Performance Looper with 7" Touchscreen

4-track Stereo Looper Pedal with 7" Touchscreen, Onboard FX, 9 Hours Record Time, 4 XLR-1/4" Combo Inputs, MIDI, SD/USB Loop Storage, and Audio Over USB

4-track Stereo Looper Pedal with 7" Touchscreen
The HeadRush Looperboard may be the most advanced looping system built specifically for the live environment. With this one tool you can forge dynamic loops in the heat of a show, then export multitrack audio to your DAW for later layering and mixing. Looperboard's 7" hi-res touchscreen display provides real-time visual feedback and hands-on tactile control of up to four stereo loops. Dedicated stop/undo and rec/play switches for each loop make it entirely possible to flesh out entire songs and create multitrack mixes on the fly. Looperboard's onboard effects engine is packed with purpose-driven presets for guitar, vocals, percussion, and beyond. There's even MIDI connectivity for syncing with external synths, drum machines, and recording setups, along with audio-over-USB for direct recording capability. With nine hours of onboard record time and SD/USB export and importing, the HeadRush Looperboard is equipped to keep full sets of dynamic backing tracks at your disposal.

7" touchscreen interface
Looperboard's large 7" color touchscreen is easy to read from standing position, even in the most unforgiving lighting conditions. This screen lets you keep an eye on incoming audio and visualize loops at a glance. Looperboard's touch, swipe, and drag interface is intuitive to use and fast to learn. Even if you're new to loopers, with the HeadRush Looperboard from Sweetwater, you're well on your way to becoming an ad-lib authority and multitrack maven.

Rugged steel enclosure
Weekend warrior? Frequent flyer? The HeadRush Looperboard's steel housing is built to withstand the rigors of the road.

Loaded with premium effects
Looperboard is loaded with a ton of premium modeling and FX. With so many great sounds right onboard, you can easily make Looperboard your all-in-one gigging solution for all performance and looping needs.

Quad-core DSP
Looperboard's quad-core architecture provides plenty of power for manipulating multitrack audio without bottlenecking.

12-switch layout
Dedicated switches and LEDs for each loop's stop/undo and record/play functions, along with a master loop stop/start switch and those for tap-tempo and FX, put Looperboard's incredible recording and processing potential right at your feet.

Intelligent time stretching
Feel like changing up your set? Looperboard gives you a tap-tempo switch with intelligent time stretching, allowing you to speed up and slow down loops at will without altering pitch.

Flexible routing
Looperboard offers endless ways to consolidate your audio into one central hub. Four XLR-1/4" combo inputs with dedicated gain controls and +48 phantom power are equipped to accept everything from microphones to guitar and keyboard gear, with MIDI in/out/thru to maintain sync with external devices. XLR and 1/4" outputs allow you to drive a stage amp and feed a soundboard or recording medium simultaneously. There's even a headphone output for silent monitoring and an 1/8" stereo aux input for audio playback from your phone or tablet.

Pristine recording quality
A premium 32-bit, 48kHz signal path within the HeadRush Looperboard preserves the full dynamics and range of every incoming audio source. Drums to vocals, bass to guitar, you can be sure that every layer is heard, felt, and sensed just as the moment you first performed it.

Nine hours record time
With nine hours of onboard recording capability, Looperboard gives you not songs, but entire sets worth of pre-recorded material and looping potential. This makes it a viable option not only for looping aficionados, but also for carting dynamic full-band accompaniment to your solo shows and for reproducing vocal harmonies live onstage.

Export loops via USB or SD
An integrated USB audio interface allows you to record your sets directly to a laptop. You can also store loops onto an SD card or USB drive for safekeeping.

HeadRush Looperboard Features:
4-track stereo looper pedal
Nine hours onboard record time
Bright, easy-to-read 7" touchscreen interface
Quad-core DSP eliminates bottlenecking
Flexible I/O with four XLR-1/4" inputs, stereo 1/8" aux input, XLR and 1/4" outputs
MIDI in/out/thru syncs with external devices and performance setups
Dedicated switches for record/play, stop/undo, tap tempo, and more
Premium 32-bit/48kHz recording path
Intelligent time stretching lets you speed up or slow down loops without altering pitch
USB audio interface lets you export multitrack audio to your DAW
Import/export loops over SD or USB for safekeeping
Additional Media
Headrush Looperboard Advanced Performance Looper Demo
Tech Specs
Pedal Type:   Looper with Touchscreen
Looper:   4-track Stereo; Fixed, Serial, Sync, Serial/Sync, Free
Looping Time:   9 hours recording time
Presets:   300 Built-in loops
Effects:   8 x Effects per Virtual Rack
Inputs:   4 x XLR-1/4" combo, 1 x 1/8" (aux in)
Outputs:   2 x 1/4", 2 x XLR
Headphones:   1 x 1/4"
MIDI I/O:   In, Out/Thru
USB:   2 x Type A, 1 x Type B
Other I/O:   1 x 1/4" (expression)
Storage:   SD Card Slot, USB Flash Drive
Power Source:   19V DC 3.4A power supply (included)
Height:   3.0"
Width:   20.16"
Depth:   12.24"
Weight:   12.1 lbs.
Manufacturer Part Number:   Looperboard

sixeight

Flexible tempo and loop stretching is very cool. If they add a listening mode to keep time with a drummer, then this will be the ultimate looper pedal.

Not that I am that much into it looping to fork out 899 USD, but cool nonetheless.

admin

https://www.headrushfx.com/products/looperboard

HeadRush LooperBoard Manual
https://www.headrushfx.com/assets/downloads/Looperboard%20-%20User%20Guide%20-%20v1.0.1[3].pdf

Nits:

No Guitar Amp Modeling, just 4 FX Blocks

No Cab IR

Cannot play play tracks direct from SD card or USB Memory Stick  - Audio must be loaded into internal memory 1st.

Only One Expression Pedal  - but it does support regions for FX morphing

Good:
Extensive MIDI control - but look at MIDI CC#3  - each value 0-127 represents MANY function toggle targets

USB A Ports support USB MIDI - so you could connect a KMI SoftStep II directly

aliensporebomb

The other thing: this thing LOOKS so similar to their existing products that I thought this was a software update for their existing big pedalboard.  Not so.
Separate product altogether.

In fact one live video I saw showed a guy using their original guitar modeling board alongside the looper and he had two aircraft carrriers up there.  Okay!

So basically a stereo four track looper in a song oriented configuration.  I always wanted one more loop on my RC-300 live but I'm going to have to do some research to see if it's viable for what I do.  $900 is a lot of cash when there are other compelling alternatives (RC-505 with latest firmware lets you
use external midi pedal to control things with feet that were formerly hands only), the EHX 95000 and the venerable Pigtronix (only 2 loops though).

I guess they really are going for a bigger presence than producing an original product and dissappearing, with this, the gigboard and the original it's an entire product line. 
My music projects online at http://www.aliensporebomb.com/

GK Devices:  Roland VG-99, Boss GP-10, Boss SY-1000.

admin

Quote from: aliensporebomb on April 19, 2019, 11:51:14 AM
The other thing: this thing LOOKS so similar to their existing products that I thought this was a software update for their existing big pedalboard.  Not so.
Separate product altogether.

True

QuoteSteve Collins said: ↑
Interesting. A friend of mine went ito Guitar Center and purchased a HeadRush Pedal Board and when he got home Guitar Center had put a HeadRush Looper pedalboard in the bag that looked just like the modeling pedalboard. He had to take it back and get the correct Modeling pedalboard. he said they looked pretty much the same. I looked on the net everywhere to try and find a HeadRush looper but could find nothing. This happened about 2 weeks ago

In fact one live video I saw showed a guy using their original guitar modeling board alongside the looper and he had two aircraft carrriers up there.  Okay!

^^ I dont have that much on stage real estate at gigs I play  - Imaagine adding an ATG-1 ;)

QuoteSo basically a stereo four track looper in a song oriented configuration.  I always wanted one more loop on my RC-300 live but I'm going to have to do some research to see if it's viable for what I do.  $900 is a lot of cash when there are other compelling alternatives (RC-505 with latest firmware lets you
use external midi pedal to control things with feet that were formerly hands only), the EHX 95000 and the venerable Pigtronix (only 2 loops though).

I guess they really are going for a bigger presence than producing an original product and dissappearing, with this, the gigboard and the original it's an entire product line.

For me, the Headrush Looperboard requires far too much crouching down to manipulate the controls only found on the touchscreen,

Prefer arms reach

Luckily My Ampero works as iPad Audio interface - and just connect via USB to an iPad running

Quantiloop
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=25630.msg186784#msg186784

or Group the Loop
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=25634.msg186811;topicseen#msg186811

If you need more inputs - check out the new 24 bit @ 96kHz 12 input TC Helicon Blender
(just feed the Stereo Headphone outputs from your current gear)
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=24598.msg178253#msg178253

aliensporebomb

Wow.  If a customer managed to score a looper before the date of release (today is literally the first I've heard of it) he could have gotten a "namm-style scoop" to the world.  When was this supposedly announced?
My music projects online at http://www.aliensporebomb.com/

GK Devices:  Roland VG-99, Boss GP-10, Boss SY-1000.

admin

Official release date was April 18, 2019

But Guitar Center Easter Flyer newsletter had it full page inside and many folks received the GC Sale flyer on Monday, and shared a scan - which was posted at German www.GearNews.com on Tuesday

So InMusic moved the release date to Wednesday when it went live at Sweetwater - a day early than planned