GP-10 L4 JazzBoxPack I - PureBox, Wes M. Joe Pass, P.Martino + DEMOS

Started by Autana, April 07, 2016, 11:13:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Autana

GP-10 L4 JazzBoxPack I
PureBox L4 Jazz Box, Wes Montgomery, Joe Pass, Pat Martino (and many more can be included here!!) + DEMOS

Hi,

The authentic jazz guitar is an instrument with very special characteristics, factors as construction, materials and especially box size, play a role. It seems Boss GP-10 sometimes want to hide the pure essence of its models, so we have to look for that hidden door to reach the treasure. L4 now.
Although less complicated but as I do with NyRAC  https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=17683.0 I had to use two EQ in tandem, plus interaction with amplifier and frequency tweaks.
This collection of four patches is still very expandable and need more time for improve, but I believe fanatics of jazz guitar will get some fun from this.
In the pack 2 I'll try to bring more personality to each individual patch, as I did with NyRAC, I even think will try other COSM model like 335 or LP.

L4 is a fine instrument unique qualities, played by celebrities  countless jazz guitarists, but my intention is to use the L4 GP-10 model as base for develop others guitar models simulation, as the trick is behind of strategic use of EQ, reverb and frequencies highlights (or subtractive) for recreate particular jazz box characteristics.

Please note I include a special assignments, in this case for the EXP/ON pedal as frequency filter for high content variation. It is well known fact that many jazz guitarists turn the tone pot full counter clockwise sometimes! in order to achieve a dark and dense sound, which for some players is the ideal jazz tone (I don't agree but can understand in some cases)
With this EXP assignment in the GP-10 you can achieve the "shining" or "darkness" to your taste.

Demos  of each model is included with unaccompanied versions each, except L4_JAZZ_MARTINO_DEMO_SUNNY.mp3 which I use a backing track of the great soul jazz classic SUNNY, inspired in  Pat Martino incredible version.  Sorry if mistakes there, it was quick for time reasons,  each demo was recorded individually and direct/one take to my loop station and processed with Audacity for Mp3 optimization.  I will  try to record a video asap. 

Get fun and enjoy!! and please don't be shy and let me hear what you record with these patches, that's why I made it,  for you and VGF community. 

This guy "from the other side of the world" sent to you ¡¡MUCHOS SALUDOS!!

DEMOS:

Also in https://soundcloud.com/carlosguitar/sets/audio-demos-for-gp-10-l4-jazzboxpack-i-by-autana-cea

-------------------------------

GR-55, GP-10, GI-20, Godin xtSA, GodinNylon MultiAc, Giannini classical, 3 GK-3'd gtrs, Cube 80XL, Primova GKFX-21 (x2)

Fear just pulls you out of being true to music, which is coming from a place of love. Love is the opposite of fear. I stay away from anything fear-related.
- Tal Wilkenfeld -

Elantric

Lightning strikes twice!

Thanks for contributing these patches!

Autana

Quote from: Elantric on April 07, 2016, 11:22:39 AM
Lightning strikes twice!

Thanks for contributing these patches!

My pleasure, I hope enjoy it and  bring to the surface that Wes spirit in you and each guitar player :)
GR-55, GP-10, GI-20, Godin xtSA, GodinNylon MultiAc, Giannini classical, 3 GK-3'd gtrs, Cube 80XL, Primova GKFX-21 (x2)

Fear just pulls you out of being true to music, which is coming from a place of love. Love is the opposite of fear. I stay away from anything fear-related.
- Tal Wilkenfeld -

whippinpost91850

ainsoph

Quote from: Autana on April 07, 2016, 11:13:16 AM

Get fun and enjoy!! and please don't be shy and let me hear what you record with these patches, that's why I made it,  for you and VGF community. 

Enjoying ! :) Thank you ! I added some shimmering on higher strings ( with slight detune using +12 with 12-strings module ) and a pinch of  added chorus , to get Pat Metheny-esqe sound  :) .... here is short sample :
and patch named PM / AA (AutanaAinsoph) L4 :))

Autana

Quote from: ainsoph on April 07, 2016, 02:29:55 PM
Enjoying ! :) Thank you ! I added some shimmering on higher strings ( with slight detune using +12 with 12-strings module ) and a pinch of  added chorus , to get Pat Metheny-esqe sound  :) .... here is short sample :
and patch named PM / AA (AutanaAinsoph) L4 :))

Thank you! good trick! it sounds great, very Methenyshhh. That's what I want, users coming up with ideas and imagination, and if the user is called Ainsoph, the result is guaranteed! btw your recording sound clean and fat! I will try the patch now,  feel proud of the alliance Metheny/Autana/Ainsoph  ;D

- Tal Wilkenfeld -

ainsoph

Quote from: Autana on April 07, 2016, 03:02:39 PM
Thank you! good trick! it sounds great, very Methenyshhh. That's what I want, users coming up with ideas and imagination, and if the user is called Ainsoph, the result is guaranteed! btw your recording sound clean and fat! I will try the patch now,  feel proud of the alliance Metheny/Autana/Ainsoph  ;D

8) !! for guitar fater sound i pick the strings with long edge of a pick ( rotated pick) :)) ( like metheny does :P )

Autana

Quote from: ainsoph on April 07, 2016, 03:14:18 PM
8) !! for guitar fater sound i pick the strings with long edge of a pick ( rotated pick) :)) ( like metheny does :P )

Hahaha LOL  ,  just what I am doing rite now while  testing your patch with Song for Bilbao !  I know the trick and use it time on time. Just amazing who make the tone come with a TON of weight!  :D

This is your mod. patch Ainsoph :)  sound great! thanks!
DEMO PM / AA (AutanaAinsoph) L4   

- Tal Wilkenfeld -

Autana

This is your mod. patch Ainsoph :)   thanks!  GORDISIMO!!  8)

- Tal Wilkenfeld -

ainsoph

Quote from: Autana on April 07, 2016, 04:07:28 PM
This is your mod. patch Ainsoph :)   thanks!  GORDISIMO!!  8)

Maravilloso ! :) the best for good dreams ( at the moment of reply is 1.15 am )  :)

Spider

Autana

Quote from: Spider on April 08, 2016, 06:22:38 AM
Autana... Coudn't download MP3 for your excellent patches :(

Hi Spider .. ohh sorry, what was the problem? is it happening for all files or is there any error messages?  here is working fine btw.

- Tal Wilkenfeld -

admin

Quoteor is there any error messages?  here is working fine btw.

Works here too.

Autana

- Tal Wilkenfeld -

Spider

Quote from: Autana on April 08, 2016, 07:07:42 AM
THANKS!    just in case I set the pack demos in my SoundCloud also.
https://soundcloud.com/carlosguitar/sets/audio-demos-for-gp-10-l4-jazzboxpack-i-by-autana-cea

Thanks!
Here isn't wotking (different locations, different hardware) but it doesn't matter :) Excellent patches!

slooky

Eric Rowland

Thank you sir! Very tasty playing...love your style and lines. Excellent!!!!!

Autana

NEW DEMO

https://soundcloud.com/carlosguitar/epiphone-joe-pass-vs-gp-10-l4-jazzbox

Epiphone Joe Pass VS GP-10 L4 JazzBox    both using the same patch without alteration.

1st guitar recording: 00:00 ~ 01:00
Epiphone Joe Pass Emperor II Archtop jazz guitar
GP-10 patch: L4 JAZZBOX (Normal mag PU input)

2nd guitar recording: 01:01 ~ 02:10
L4 JazzBox model
GP-10 patch: L4 JAZZBOX (MODELING - L4)
GK Guitar: Godin xtSA

- Tal Wilkenfeld -

Brak(E)man

Great sounds and playing !
I have to download these to for
some fretless jazz action ;)
swimming with a hole in my body

I play Country music too, I'm just not sure which country it's from...

"The only thing worse than a guitar is a guitarist!"
- Lydia Lunch

joaobraga

Brak(E)man

swimming with a hole in my body

I play Country music too, I'm just not sure which country it's from...

"The only thing worse than a guitar is a guitarist!"
- Lydia Lunch

alexmcginness

VG-88V2, GR-50, GR-55, 4 X VG-99s,2 X FC-300,  2 X GP-10 AXON AX 100 MKII, FISHMAN TRIPLE PLAY,MIDX-10, MIDX-20, AVID 11 RACK, BEHRINGER FCB 1010, LIVID GUITAR WING, ROLAND US-20, 3 X GUYATONE TO-2. MARSHALL BLUESBREAKER, SERBIAN ELIMINATOR AMP. GR-33.

Nyama74

Stellar patches and playing, Autana...can't wait to bust out some Wes octaves. :)

Autana

Thanks Nyama74!  I hope Wes and Martino meets with you on your hands :) 

- Tal Wilkenfeld -