SY-300 A rhytmic patch you can play in any key and change tempo to your liking.

Started by pattiman, May 03, 2017, 12:45:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pattiman

I saw someone say they usually run the sy300 in mono. Any patches I make are designed for stereo usage. This has panning, slicer, the step sequencer, distortion, panning delay, modulation and it's somewhere in the school of Van Halens Dancing in the Streets effect family. I'll be uploading some more patches and checking out the ones on here in the days to come. I've created about 100 patches for myself. I love this box...favorite effects pedal ever! I still have to figure out how to work it into a band situation. Hope you dig this patch. I"ll ad a whole song so you can see it work in context of actual music in the near future. Since I'm new at posting, can someone tell me if can upload a song with this effect after the fact, like in a week?
Oh, I almost forgot. If you hit the Ctrl 2 switch, it switches up the pattern temporarily and changes the filters a bit. I do that here on the last 20 seconds. In case you are wondering what techniques I'm using, there are single notes, power chords, slides, two handed tapping and double stop unison bends.
Click on the little globe on the left for my guitar based tom foolery. Add a 2 to the end  and the second link is much more synth and sample based stuff. Download my latest album for free at:https://marcpattison1.bandcamp.com/album/risen-from-the-ashes-2

gumtown

QuoteI still have to figure out how to work it into a band situation.
That is indeed the $1,000,000.00 question.

A lot of these tricky nifty sounds are great at home with headphones on, but they do not translate well into a live situation.
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

Rhcole

I like the patch although it's not my style. Cleverly programmed.

mchad

Quote from: pattiman on May 03, 2017, 12:45:21 AM
I saw someone say they usually run the sy300 in mono. Any patches I make are designed for stereo usage. This has panning, slicer, the step sequencer, distortion, panning delay, modulation and it's somewhere in the school of Van Halens Dancing in the Streets effect family. I'll be uploading some more patches and checking out the ones on here in the days to come. I've created about 100 patches for myself. I love this box...favorite effects pedal ever! I still have to figure out how to work it into a band situation. Hope you did this patch. I"ll ad a whole song so you can see it work in context of actual music in the near future. Since I'm new at posting, can someone tell me if can upload a song with this effect after the fact, like in a week?
Oh, I almost forgot. If you hit the Ctrl 2 switch, it switches up the pattern temporarily and changes the filters a bit. I do that here on the last 20 seconds. In case you are wondering what techniques I'm using, there are single notes, power chords, slides, two handed tapping and double stop unison bends.

It's a wonderful machine for sure. Lot's to explore and this is the place to be.