New Canadian Member

Started by Scudzo, May 16, 2017, 02:00:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scudzo

Hello all! New member, from Ontario Canada's Niagara region, saying hello and thanks for having this forum available. More than one Google search lead me to here while I was contemplating a guitar synth.

I've recently (May 12)  purchased a new Roland GR-55 with the GK pickup. A few hours of guitar surgery later on an inexpensive Godin Session electric guitar, and I'm hooked. Longer term see's the addition of a Godin Multiac Steel Spectrum SA to my stable, as steel string acoustics are my guitar preference, but so far I'm very pleased.

I'm still on the steep part of the learning curve, but I'll get to where I need to be!! ;D

OldGuitarDude

Hi Scudzo, welcome to this great forum. The Multiac is a nice guitar and it works well with the Gr-55. I also have a Session, really like the sound of the pickups on that one, and its surprisingly easy to play. Be sure to check out the Gr-55 patches here, there's a lot of really great stuff in that area and tons of info everywhere you look. Enjoy!

OldGuitarDude

Chumly

Canadian also, Wet Coast, too much gear and too little time, great to meet you.
I think it's much more interesting to live not knowing than to have answers which might be wrong. - Richard P. Feynman

Kenmac

Hello from Toronto and welcome to the forum.  :) There are very knowledgeable and friendly people here so if you're having any problems or issues with your GR-55 they'll help you solve them.
"Let them brush your rock and roll hair."

Scudzo

Thanks for the well-wishes all!

I'm new to the synth world, but started playing guitar around 1975. Life got in the way for a while, but about 10 years ago I fell back in love with music. I'm still a newb with the '55, but every day I have a few new "AHA" moments.

slooky

From Niagara area too, St Kitts. just a hello and welcome ;D

alexmcginness

Greetings from Oakville Ontario!
VG-88V2, GR-50, GR-55, 4 X VG-99s,2 X FC-300,  2 X GP-10 AXON AX 100 MKII, FISHMAN TRIPLE PLAY,MIDX-10, MIDX-20, AVID 11 RACK, BEHRINGER FCB 1010, LIVID GUITAR WING, ROLAND US-20, 3 X GUYATONE TO-2. MARSHALL BLUESBREAKER, SERBIAN ELIMINATOR AMP. GR-33.

Peter the GR-eat...

Hi!
Welcome!
I have  been a member of this forum a couple a months and i think it's great. For me it was the purchase of a GP-10 that finally made me join.
All the best.
Peter

mccorp

Hello from New Brunswick, Canada!
Sometimes you have to let go of the melody and focus on the rhythm