Gumtown Katana FxFloorBoard for Android and Tablets(work in progress)

Started by gumtown, January 26, 2018, 04:42:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ilgrigio

Quote from: gumtown on February 01, 2018, 03:05:21 PM
Looks at bit better, but still a bit squeezed between the sliders.

What type of device was used in the screen captures

Device/model     screen size   dpi height     dpi width     density dpi     size format
Samsung Tab 2           7"             1024         600          170               16:09
Samsung Tab A6      10.1"           1920        1200          224               16:10
LG G5                      5.3"            2560        1440          554               16:09
Samsung S6             5.1"            2560        1440          557               16:09
Samsung S7             5.1"            2560        1440          557               16:09

It's LG G5

admin

Here is a screen shot from LG V20 Smartphone

looks good, and navigation operates well -

gumtown

Quote from: admsustainiac on February 02, 2018, 05:03:08 PM
Here is a screen shot from LG V20 Smartphone

looks good, and navigation operates well -

Wrong project, that is from the "Condor Katana android Editor".

This is a new Katana FxFloorBoard Android (and other platforms) Editor in a layout optimised for Tablets.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/fxfloorboard/files/experimental/Tablet-FxFloorBoard/

Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

DutchGuitarDude

Getting better gumtown.
1536x2048

admin

https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?posts/25772965/
ucnick wrote>
QuoteFyi (Elantric will probably note), for those running FracPad on an Android tab and thinking to use the Katana Android app: I had installed the 3rd party Katana Android app on my Lenovo and Samsung tabs. I also have FracPad installed on them to run my AX8. When I tried to run FracPad, somehow the Katana app hosed my USB port so it did not see the AX8. I uninstalled the Katana app from both. FracPad then worked on the Samsung but not on the Lenovo. Had to do a system reset on the Lenovo, set It all up again, reinstall Frac Pad, finally got FracPad working again. I'll just run BTS on my Win10 tab (which also runs Ax8-Edit just fine) to control the Katana.

admin

Curious for Katana Head owners
Bluetooth BLE MIDI adapter for Android

This one has its own battery power and Android compatibility

Docooler Bluetooth Wireless DIN MIDI Adapter Bluetooth 4.0 5-pin Adapter
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0732V4PVJ/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Wireless Bluetooth MIDI Adapter is specially designed for music lovers.
With Bluetooth LE transmitting MIDI, just connect digital piano and synthesizer and electronic drum kits to
for Mac and for iPhone so that you can edit music production and play the hottest music games. 

Features:
* With Wireless Bluetooth MIDI Adapter, it brings convenience for instruments with traditional 5-pin DIN MIDI in and out ports.
* Get rid of MIDI and USB, Wireless Bluetooth MIDI Adapter makes it easy to use plenty of music applications wirelessly. No need to reconnect every      time.
* Play hot music games on digital piano and synthesizer just connected with your for iPhone and for iPad with Bluetooth.
* Music applications offer plenty ways to enhance musical performance.
* Wireless Bluetooth MIDI Adapter supports iOS devices with iOS 9.2 and for Mac 10.10(Yosemite) or higher version. And working distance is up to       10m(30ft).

Specification:
Bluetooth Version: V4.0
Cable Length: Approx. 10cm / 3.94in
Item Weight: Approx. 31g / 1.05oz
Package Size: Approx. 15.3 * 10 * 2.2cm / 6.02 * 3.94 * 0.87in
Package Weight: Approx. 52g / 1.80oz

Package List:
1 * Wireless Bluetooth MIDI Adapter

gumtown

I read some reviews on that brand, and they seem on par with the cheapo
Driverless usb-midi device. Where they process midi note and patch change,
But fall over pushing sysx.

Quote from: admsustainiac on February 05, 2018, 09:17:24 AM
Curious for Katana Head owners
Bluetooth BLE MIDI adapter for Android

This one has its own battery power and Android compatibility

Docooler Bluetooth Wireless DIN MIDI Adapter Bluetooth 4.0 5-pin Adapter
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0732V4PVJ/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Wireless Bluetooth MIDI Adapter is specially designed for music lovers.
With Bluetooth LE transmitting MIDI, just connect digital piano and synthesizer and electronic drum kits to
for Mac and for iPhone so that you can edit music production and play the hottest music games. 

Features:
* With Wireless Bluetooth MIDI Adapter, it brings convenience for instruments with traditional 5-pin DIN MIDI in and out ports.
* Get rid of MIDI and USB, Wireless Bluetooth MIDI Adapter makes it easy to use plenty of music applications wirelessly. No need to reconnect every      time.
* Play hot music games on digital piano and synthesizer just connected with your for iPhone and for iPad with Bluetooth.
* Music applications offer plenty ways to enhance musical performance.
* Wireless Bluetooth MIDI Adapter supports iOS devices with iOS 9.2 and for Mac 10.10(Yosemite) or higher version. And working distance is up to       10m(30ft).

Specification:
Bluetooth Version: V4.0
Cable Length: Approx. 10cm / 3.94in
Item Weight: Approx. 31g / 1.05oz
Package Size: Approx. 15.3 * 10 * 2.2cm / 6.02 * 3.94 * 0.87in
Package Weight: Approx. 52g / 1.80oz

Package List:
1 * Wireless Bluetooth MIDI Adapter

Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

admin

Quote from: gumtown on February 05, 2018, 12:12:32 PM

But fall over pushing sysx.

Which appears a common  fault of all BLE Wireless MIDI interfaces

Erjimipey

Hey, I can't connect to the amp. The app looks nice on my Honor 7x with Android 7, but I can't find the way to connect. I have tried activating the usb debug in the developer options, but nothing. Is it working for the rest of you? Any ideas?

Thanks for all the hard work!

gumtown

The app is still under development, as stated on the download site and in this topic.
I am still working on the Android midi part, day and night for the last 2 months.
Still figuring out how to use JNI programming to connect a C++ application midi I/O to Android java midi.

If anyone has any experience with Qt5 c++, JNI, and java.device.midi I could do with some help.

:P

vtgearhead

Quote from: gumtown on February 14, 2018, 01:57:12 AM
The app is still under development, as stated on the download site and in this topic.
I am still working on the Android midi part, day and night for the last 2 months.
Still figuring out how to use JNI programming to connect a C++ application midi I/O to Android java midi.

If anyone has any experience with Qt5 c++, JNI, and java.device.midi I could do with some help.

Years back, I did some JNI coding to call C++ methods from Java, but if I understand correctly you have the opposite situation, correct?   Are C++ apps like FxFloorboard effectively invoked from Java in the Android environment?  If so, it should be possible to access the class loader from such an app and hook the MIDI driver.  Apologies if I'm either blathering or stating the obvious - the only thing I know about Android is how to pronounce it :-).

Erjimipey

I must apologise, as I had understood that the USB connection was already fixed, but reading back the thread I have to admit I don't know where I got that idea from.... :D

Anyways, I insist, the app looks great on my phone and I'm a happy user of the Windows versión of this software and am really grateful for all your effort. Unfortunately, I don't know a lot about computers or programming in general, so I'm not very useful here, but will continue to use your programs and to tell my friends (also Katana users) to continue using it.

Cheers

twangkang

gumtown

Quote from: twangkang on February 19, 2018, 07:13:08 AM
is this still happening?
Yes it is still happening, I have been working on it every day for the last few months,
now down to the last 1% of coding which is proving very difficult.

admin

Quote from: gumtown on February 19, 2018, 11:36:07 AM
Yes it is still happening, I have been working on it every day for the last few months,

FWIW - here's a link to an Android Audio / MIDI Guru who knows most about Android Audio / MIDI control
http://www.extreamsd.com/index.php/component/content/article?id=9
http://www.extreamsd.com/index.php/contactmenu

twangkang

Quote from: gumtown on February 19, 2018, 11:36:07 AM

amaze! you rule.

twangkang

admin

Erjimipey

Hey, not pushing in any way, just commenting here to say that the interest in this App is still here... Those of us without regular access to a laptop will be happier when we get a mostly functional app.

Thanks again to the developer for the work so far!

MelodicMetal80

What this person stated!! [Erjimipey]
That last 1% is taking a while and was just hoping GUmmie hasn't put this project aside for another more important one..[totally understandable]..
Just stating our interest [and patience] and hoping the tech coding muses visit him soon..
Good luck for all!

Meesha

more than 4 months - any update on project status?

Erjimipey

I'm guessing this is not finally going to happen, right? Not any criticism, just wondering... It'd be great to have a functional Floorboard for those of us with limited or no access to a laptop.... It would be the icing on the cake....

ATONESIR

Seems like I cannot get this to actually connect to the katana. verification just seems to loop with ever change and there is no katana listed under the midi/usb area. Nothing works in this app for me, I'm sorry to report that I've tried both tablets and phone.

Also cannot seem to navigate to my downloads folder to access my katana patches. I'm not sure where it wants to go within the finder part.

gumtown

It is still under development, the final part of the android midi is proving very difficult for me, not being familiar with Android/Java.

KATANA TABLET FxFloorBoard

current version:
[PLATFORM]           [VERSION]  [VERSION DATE]     [FILE]

ANDROID 4~8          20180131   (31st Jan 2018)    [Katana_Tablet_FxFloorBoard_Android-preview.apk]

NOTE: THE ANDROID VERSION MIDI INTERFACE IS NOT YET COMPLETE,
so has no midi connection to the Katana (coming soon).

windows 7~10         20180131   (31st Jan 2018)    [Katana_Tablet_FxFloorBoard_Windows-setup.exe]

linux ubuntu64       20180131   (31st Jan 2018)    [Katana_Tablet_FxFloorBoard_linux-64.tar.gz]

macOSX 10.8~10.13    20180131   (31st Jan 2018)    [Katana_Tablet_FxFloorBoard_mac-64.zip]

Erjimipey

Good luck, Gumtown, once it's finished it's going to be just awesome! And we're all thankful for your time and work!