GP-10 - Gundy Keller GP-10 Demo and Patches

Started by Elantric, June 20, 2014, 04:22:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elantric

http://bosstonecentral.com/liveset/detail/groove_meister_gundy_keller/

1   Nile O Caster   Ultimate clean funk sound. For this particular track I decided to select a Tele with two pickups to get some extra cutting edge.
2   Division Bell   An OSC Synth with a Ring modulator ran through Chorus and Delay (with no direct level) is combined with the normal guitar input. If you set the Master BPM to your song tempo you can easily synchronize the shimmering synth sound with the rhythm of your tune.
3   Stacked 5th   A crunchy Strat layered with a super clean modeled guitar pitched a perfect fifth created this fusionesque guitar tone. Overdub was made with the same patch with alternate tuning set to off.
4   Funky Fingers   If you are keen on playing some realistic bass lines with your guitar, use this patch. On top I was playing slap style towards the end of the song, it does work for sure.
5   Harmonic Strings   Harmonic Strings highlights the great possibility of blending your normal guitar with a GP-10 model. This patch also highlights the superb quality of the Reverb and Delay effects.
6   BASSitar   This GP instrument provides a Sitar-Emulation with a low E-string for substituting a bass. A second overdub is made with the same patch.
7   Drastica   This very recognizable tone you might only get with the BOSS GP-10. Play with very soft dynamics to be able to open and close the filter of this nasty guitar sound.
8   Trampin'12String   The GP-10 can turn your 6 String guitar into a 12 string at the flick of a switch. Drop D is also involved to get you into the ultimate super tramping feel.
9   Phatomatic BS   A patch to add a different bass playing flavor to songs with a guitar.
10   Frets In Space   One of my favorite from all BOSS FX, the defretter. Note the studio quality reverb in the background that carries the sound extremely far.

Full Notes from Gundy

Quote01_Gundy_GP_10_Nile_O_Caster
If there is one guitarist to be named for the ultimate clean funk sound ... it would have to be Nile Rogers. For this particular track I decided to select a Tele with two pickups to get some extra
cutting edge. 

02_Gundy_GP_10_Division_Bell
An OSC Synth with a Ringmodulator ran through Chorus and Delay (with no direct level) is combined with the normal guitar input. If you set the the Master BPM to your
song tempo you can easily synchronize the shimmering synth sound with the rhythm of your tune.

03_Gundy_GP_10_Stacked_5th
A crunchy Strat layered with a super clean modeled guitar pitched a perfect fifth created this fusionesque guitar tone. Overdub was made with thesame patch with alternate tuning set to off.

04_Gundy_GP_10_Funky_Fingers
If you are keen on playing some realistic basslines with your guitar ... use this patch. It appears that playing with your fingers rather than a pick really gets you in the Rocco or Jaco mode.
On top I was playing slapstyle towards the end of the song ... it does work for sure.

05_Gundy_GP_10_Harmonic_Strings
Harmonic Strings highlights the great possibility of blending your normal guitar with a GP-10 model. This patch also highlights the superb quality of the Reverb and Delay effects.

06_Gundy_GP_10_BASSitar
This GP instrument provides a Sitar-Emulation with a low E-string for substituting a bass . A second overdub is made with the same patch.

07_Gundy_GP_10_Drastica
This very recognizable tone you might only get with the BOSS GP-10. Play with very soft dynamics to be able to open and close the filter of this nasty guitar sound.

08_Gundy_GP_10_Trampin´_12_String
The GP-10 can turn your 6 String guitar into a 12 string at the flick of a switch. Drop D is also involved to get you into the ultimate supertramping feel.

09_Gundy_GP_10_Phatomatic_BS
.. ok. ... you can tell I love the bass :-). And although I do possess and play a lot of basses for my productions ... more and more I catch myself using a guitar with a such a patch to add a different bassplaying flavor 
to songs like this.

10_Gundy_GP_10_Frets_In_Space
Finally ... one of my favorite from all BOSS FX ... the defretter. Note the studio quality reverb in the background that carries the sound extremely far. And again ... playing less is more.

jassy

As usual, very tasty: the best demos and the best tones.

(I do not really like the sounds shown in general, even those of Hutchings, too much metal around...)

mbenigni

Gundy Keller is a class act for sure.

gumtown

Doesn't seem to be any patch data with in those files,
only the file headers and the patch name data to the first address range.
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

Elantric