Katana - DIY Arduino 4 button footswitch for Katana 50

Started by admin, November 20, 2017, 07:00:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rvalladares

I made one myself and while programming it I found these videos.

It have a very neat feature: you can make any button momentary. I didn't use it in my version but I borrowed some functions like the initial led dance.

I use a pedal aluminum case and it fits really tight.

It is really nice to have all 4 channels available without having to change banks!!!

Atrax

admin

Quote from: Atrax on May 15, 2018, 03:54:53 PM
Could you explain how you do this?

6 separate videos ( 35 minutes total) on this DIY Arduino 4 button footswitch for Katana 50 Build  - watch & learn
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=22174.msg160325#msg160325

rvalladares

You need some arduino experience (not much, just how to use switchs and relays)

In one of the videos he gives the code he uses on his version.

I made mine without knowing his version, but his version is really more advanced than mine, he saves the state of the last channel used, and you can make any of the channels temporary. so you can mantain pressed one switch change to that channel and when you release it you got back to the previous one.

Here you can see the schematics and the code I used for mine (I borrowed the led dance code :D ). https://www.tinkercad.com/things/9lwY68F9vjQ

I put a led and a battery connected to the relays where the connection to the stereo cable should go, so you can see when its on or off.

vtgearhead

Are these Arduino based devices controlling the amp via relay closures to footpedal jacks or through USB / MIDI data?

admin

Quote from: vtgearhead on May 17, 2018, 08:12:20 AM
Are these Arduino based devices controlling the amp via relay closures to footpedal jacks or through USB / MIDI data?

Its using the existing Foot Control jack on Katana 50

But you can use the Foot switch jack on the left with an Expression pedal for Volume or use a TRS connection to two NC ( normally Closed) momentary foot switches (Roland FS-6, FS-7) for Bank up / down, CH1 / CH2 selection.

Thus allows use of Expression pedal for Volume or use a TRS connection to a dual NC ( normally Closed) momentary foot switch pedal

The Arduini pedal is using relays

phoztek

Hi Admin!

First thing, what an amazing idea and many thanks for sharing it.
I came accross the forum looking for a DIY pedal for my Katana 100 cause the prices of a GA-FC are too expensive for my pockets atm.

I am thinking of building one myself, I know the basics about eletric circuits but was wondering if you could provide me the code which you have used on your arduino nano cause I am null at that!

Also got some questions about the components which you have used:

• Are those 5V 2 Channels 220V/10A Relays ?
  • Whats the color code on the resitors you used?
  • Is it possible to provide the schematics which you have used?

I think i've became an instant fan !

Thanks

admin

phoztek