IK Multimedia iRig PRO

Started by Elantric, March 02, 2015, 07:27:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elantric

I'm still very happy with my iRig Pro - it works very well and is versatile with its MIDI Input for connection with external MIDI floor controller , and compatibility with Mac OSX too.

Compare other Audio Interfaces here

Survey of Working Audio Interfaces.
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=8291.0

IOS 24 bit Audio / MIDI + TriplePlay on Battery power
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=10323.0

http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/irigpro/

Elantric

iRig PRO spotted in Apple's "Make a Film with iPad"
A new campaign showcasing the power of today's mobile filmmaking tools

From iRig to iKlip, IK Multimedia's accessories for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch are designed to effortlessly enhance your creativity. So it's no wonder that IK's iRig PRO made its way into Apple's latest commercial, aired during the Academy Awards. "Make A Film with iPad" shows how innovative filmmakers are using iPad to create professional-quality short movies that look sharp and sound great with IK's iRig PRO audio interface — a part of IK's line of high-quality videography oriented products that include the new iRig Mic Field and iRig Mic HD microphones.

Watch "Make a Film with iPad" now. This is hardly the first time that IK products have been used in Apple's campaigns.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/-LVf4wA9qX4

Check out previous Apple commercials featuring IK apps and accessories.

http://www.ikmultimedia.com/about-us/in_the_media.php

mojo thorne

I replaced almost my entire live duo rig with an iPhone with an Irig Pro running Yonac's Tonestack.  I use an IK blue board for changing patches and turning effects on and off.  The only other elements in the signal chain are a Boomerang+ and an Alesis nanocomp (at the end and set as a limited to catch any errant pops should something crazy happen).

The sound through the irig pro is completely clean and gives great fast and easy control of the input gain without requiring me to go into an app to make adjustments.  I like the fact that it also allows simultaneous midi I/o in case I ever feel the need to have more control over Tonestack than can be accomplished by the four pedals on the blue board.

I had a bunch of Jam Points with IK, and bought it when they still let you use jam points for 50% of the purchase which made it an amazing deal.  This rig has allowed me to replace a rig that was about 50 lbs with one that fits in a small tote about the size of a briefcase and provided an infinite number of greater possibilities.

Elantric

http://www.ikmultimedia.com/mobile/news/?item_id=6546

A new complimentary firmware update that enables high resolution 24-bit/96kHz audio sampling for iRig PRO and iRig HD mobile audio interfaces is now available. At double the original 24-bit/48kHz sample rate, it makes these ultra-compact mobile interfaces sound even more clean, nuanced and transparent by offering the utmost in professional recording quality — anywhere and anytime.

The higher the bandwidth, the better
Simply put, musicians can now play and record with "recording studio" quality sound. Both iRig HD and iRig PRO are now able to capture even more of the subtle nuance and detail of analog instruments and other input sources. It's an ideal feature for professionals and advanced home studio enthusiasts who won't settle for anything less than the best sound possible — and it's a completely no-cost update for all existing iRig HD and iRig PRO users.

iRig PRO – The 96kHz "all-in-one" mobile audio solution
iRig PRO is the first full-featured compact audio and MIDI interface for iPhone, iPad, iPod touch and Mac or PC. It's like a Swiss Army knife for mobile recording: It sports an XLR/¼" combo socket and a MIDI input which means that it can be used with any XLR microphone (it even provides 48V phantom power supplied by an onboard 9V battery), guitars, basses, keyboards, line-level instruments and MIDI controllers.

It's perfect for the musician on the move who needs to have it all. Now anyone can record guitars, bass, vocals, harmonies, acoustic instruments, keyboards, MIDI data and more without having to swap interfaces, and lose that creative flow. iRig PRO is compact — about as small as a harmonica — and comes with everything needed to get started playing and recording right out of the box. Its included Lightning, 30-pin and USB connector cables ensure the right connection every time.

iRig HD – Streamlined high-definition sound
High-definition sound that fits in the palm of a hand — that's what iRig HD was made for. It's a slim and compact audio interface with a ¼" instrument input that features an input gain control knob, a multicolor LED and ultra-low-draw power consumption circuitry. Its ¼" Hi-Z input jack can accommodate any guitar, bass or line-level instrument, and its detachable Lightning, 30-pin and USB connector cables allow for maximum compatibility. And with the addition of 24-bit/96kHz recording, now it sounds better than ever before.

A world of apps
Both iRig PRO and iRig HD come equipped with a USB cable that allows them to be used with a computer and a wide variety of popular 24-bit/96kHz recording-compatible DAW software, like Apple Logic Pro X, Ableton Live, Avid Pro Tools, MOTU Digital Performer, PreSonus Studio One and Steinberg Cubase. In addition, both come with a full suite of mobile apps and software designed for creating inspired music while on the go.

Pricing and availability
The 96kHz firmware update is provided to registered owners of iRig HD and iRig PRO at no charge. To update, users just need to simply log into their user area on the IK web site, download the firmware updater and then follow the simple installation instructions. The PC version of the Firmware Updater is available now, July 1, 2015, and a Macintosh version will be available in the second week of July, 2015.

Alongside this special announcement, IK is offering a $/€20 discount on the list price of iRig PRO and iRig HD through the entire month of July. iRig PRO is now available for $/€129.99 and iRig HD is available for $/€79.99. Both can be purchased from authorized dealers worldwide and from the IK online store.

Headless68

Looks like this only records a mono source is that correct ?

Elantric

QuoteLooks like this only records a mono source is that correct ?
Correct
and its only an A/D  - no DAC output - relies on the internal headphone jack  DAC on iPad/ iPhone/ Mac.

Similar to Apogee Jam

Chumly

I'm buying a used iRig Pro today, it should be fun compared to my more cumbersome (but more flexible) Focusrite Scarlett 2i4, thanks for the review (and reducing wallet-mass!).
I think it's much more interesting to live not knowing than to have answers which might be wrong. - Richard P. Feynman