Cleaning GK-3

Started by jamesval, March 01, 2012, 08:53:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamesval

For some reason in my GK-3 the high E string is not coming in clearly. It either fuzzes out really really fast or has really really low volume. I went into the string pan and sting volume and all that and adjusted things. But even then for some reason it almost sounds like the pick up itself is busted. all the other strings ring clear and strong. and when I bend the high E and it is over top the B string pick up it comes in clear. Could it be that it is just messed up and I need a new pick up or is it fixable?

datsunrobbie

search the forum for "deoxit". Most common issue is dirty pins on your GK cable or sockets

Hog Mouth

Is it safe to use DeOxit on the GK-3 pickup? I searched cleaning pickup/GK-3 GK 3...
I would like to clean out the dirt where the magnets(yokes?) are before I pot the GK-3 with paraffin wax.

Elantric

Deoxit is specifically used to clean metal electrical contacts only.

For GK-3 PU only -(not GK-3 Control box)  - I would use typical spray cleaner (sparingly )  and a low fibre cloth

http://www.amazon.com/Windex-Electronics-Wipes-25-Count-Pack/dp/B004GCUJWM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1295986046&sr=8-1