SYNTH•LINX 13-PIN LOCKING JACK LAUNCH!

Started by gumbo, June 23, 2013, 06:39:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

adamlee011

Got my jack within 5 business days. It's really nice. Thanks, gumbo.

gumbo

Thanks very much...enjoy !

Feel free to stay in touch, and certainly let me know if you have any questions about the install.

Kind regards,
Peter
Read slower!!!   ....I'm typing as fast as I can...

adamlee011

My man! Here's a sneak peek. I have to dial everything in perfect and then I'm swapping the d'addarios I get in bulk for the optima gold. Then I'll unveil it with a whole write up or maybe a video. A lot went into this resto/mod, as you probably know. As of tonight she plays. She sings. I will give a little constructive criticism here. I had to cut and route a lot of wood out from under the pickguard to fit the gk board and everything. Your lead was a bit of an obstacle. Where I had to put the jack and the board, barely reached. I took off the clips to snake it through, then put them back together but I might have had an easier time with a little more length. On the other hand, the lead being there at all cramps things up, typical for any gk installation, everything is in the way, but the lead roland put on the hex pup is so long, I had to route out a place next to the board to stuff the excess or I couldn't close the thing. Or I'd be able to but it would push out almost a quarter inch of the pickup lead that I couldn't just shove back in. I thought this would be easier than the s970 because of the pickguard and a lot more wood, but I was dead wrong. This was a lot more planning and much more work. Then again the s no longer has a 1/4" jack. I used the gc1 switching jack. Diy dual gang pot for gk and normal volume on one knob to preserve the stock guitar. You could decide to never use the 13 pin on it and it will sound and behave exactly as it did in 1994. I have a cheapo roland cable I tested it with and it works, but some of the metal surround on the plug is exposed when connected to the guitar for some reason. Like, idk maybe a16th of an inch. I have to pull out the Roland branded one and see if that's not the case with that one. But it's working and looks great. Thanks again. You really came through in a tough time for the whole dang world. I hope things loosen up over there for you soon. You can cut the insanity with a knife these days wherever on the planet you happen to be. Be well, my friend. And keep at it.

adamlee011

That original jack plate was mounted crooked from the factory. Never really noticed until I put the synth linx in. Then it drove me bonkers. Filled the holes with abatron wood epox and redrilled a week later. Ah, so much better.

adamlee011

The board is sitting near that gold screw you can see right by the tip of the 5 way switch. Had to route pretty deep for it to happen at all. That's how far it is. Basically just reaches with the jack harnesses on the close side.

gumbo

Just beautiful stuff !!!

...and thanks so much for sharing...Can't wait for the audio files !   ;D

Cheers,
Peter (in mostly-locked-down Oz, but ok in my backyard....thanks for asking!)

adamlee011

Quote from: gumbo on July 30, 2021, 10:44:36 PM
Just beautiful stuff !!!

...and thanks so much for sharing...Can't wait for the audio files !   ;D

Cheers,
Peter (in mostly-locked-down Oz, but ok in my backyard....thanks for asking!)

If you don't know me well enough by now, there's one thing I do love doing and that's sharing. 😁

adamlee011

I didn't even notice the dog taking the opportunity for a photo shoot! 😂 I just noticed the pup in the background!

gumbo

...I guess that would be the Neck Pup..... ;D

renderdude

gumbo

Hi..and thanks for your inquiry.

...yes that is possible, but would need your shipping address to determine the cost.

Also, bear in mind that only some of my range of products are stocked by my USA Distributor, so depending upon your requirements, it may end up in shipping directly from Australia.  That is not a problem either, but I would also need a shipping address to determine the shipping costs from Australia.

Suggest that you email me at    info@synth-linx.com  and we can discuss your requirements and establish the actual costs to you.

Kind regards,
Peter