GR-55 - C6 Steel Tuning and Patch

Started by scribble58, January 20, 2013, 04:50:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scribble58

I created a C 6 tuning for some western swing type chords   (From Low to High    C  E G  A C E )    When you pluck the bottom 3 strings you get a C major, and the top three, you get a Am.  The B  G  D  strings produce an Am7.  Use a bar across the strings (or a slide) and use the expression pedal to bring in the volume like a swell. 

attached is a really sloppy example of the sound.

EVH Wolfgang
Yamaha PAC402 Tele
Yamaha RGX2
Line 6 POD GO
Fishman TriplePlay (Windows Laptop)
Jam Origin MIDI GUITAR 2
NI Rig Kontrol 3 for Audio Interface/patch Switching
Boss Katana 100 v1 - GA-FC

tekrytor

Hey Scribble!
Nice work! Sounds great. I've been looking for something like this to use in some Dan Hicks and Bob Wills tunes I like. Very nice and thanks a bunch for sharing :-)
SY-300/BeatBuddy/VoiceLive 3/GR-55(v1.50)/33/1/50/700/VGA-7/V-Bass, Yam-G10, GPK-4, DIY X-Bee HighlyLiquidCPU "Cozy-Lil-Footie", FCB-1010, other MIDI stuff, Godin Freeway SA and various other GK equipped controllers, Sonar X1, Audacity, KXstudio, Misc devices

scribble58

thanks, I have been having the most fun with alternate tunings on the GR-55, especially country-type tunings. It if was possible to  use an Assign to change the tuning of just one string, with either the CTRL switch or the Expression Pedal, that would be awesome.

You would have a B Bender. Or a G Bender. :-)

EVH Wolfgang
Yamaha PAC402 Tele
Yamaha RGX2
Line 6 POD GO
Jam Origin MIDI GUITAR 2

Elantric

QuoteIt if was possible to  use an Assign to change the tuning of just one string, with either the CTRL switch or the Expression Pedal, that would be awesome.

You would have a B Bender. Or a G Bender. :-)

Get a VG-88 or VG-99 - those can perform those tasks.

scribble58

Thanks Elantric, I had no idea. Maybe I should check them out.

Not really familiar with the VG Series. Really happy with the GR-55 compared to the GR-20 though.
EVH Wolfgang
Yamaha PAC402 Tele
Yamaha RGX2
Line 6 POD GO
Jam Origin MIDI GUITAR 2

tekrytor

As a workaround on the GR-55, it should be possible to configure a 2 PCM guitar with the B string silent on one PCM and matched volume on the thesecond PCM with only the B string loud and all others silent.Then set the EXP to pitch bend the B string PPCM only. Alternatively, you could use COSM for the five strings. I'll try it next chance I get.
SY-300/BeatBuddy/VoiceLive 3/GR-55(v1.50)/33/1/50/700/VGA-7/V-Bass, Yam-G10, GPK-4, DIY X-Bee HighlyLiquidCPU "Cozy-Lil-Footie", FCB-1010, other MIDI stuff, Godin Freeway SA and various other GK equipped controllers, Sonar X1, Audacity, KXstudio, Misc devices