Patch Working Reverse of Expected

Started by Steve-cc, February 07, 2023, 05:58:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve-cc

CtRL 1 is set as Patch Setting / LED On/Off /Toggle
Assign 1 Source Ctrl 1 / Amp/Solo Sw/ Min off/ Max on / Toggle Range Min 0 Max 127

To me that should meant that Ctrl 1 would turn off Solo with light off and Turn on Solo w Light on - Right?
It is working just the opposite.
I have had this GP-10 for a long time but am just now beginning to learn how to use it.

Help?

admin

https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=7952.0

Which Footswitch do I need? .. Latch or Unlatch?

GP-10 assign Source Ext CTL  [toggle] + FS-7  [Latch] = double latching, pedal requires 2 presses to do one function (effect on/off)

GP-10 assign  Source Ext CTL  [toggle] + FS-7  [Moment] = press once to toggle effect on/off, pedal led only lights while held down

GP-10  assign Source Ext CTL   [moment] + FS-7  [moment] = effect only on while pedal held down, pedal led only on while held down

GP-10 assign  Source Ext CTL  [moment] + FS-7  [Latch] = press once to toggle effect on/off, pedal led toggles with effect status

Steve-cc

Hope I'm not being dense but I'm not sure how this link etc. you mentioned applies to my situation. 
It seems to refer to an external foot switch?  CTRL 1 is one of the 2 built in switches on a GP-10. Does the built in CTRL switch have both Latch and Moment?  I think I have it set to be a Toggle?

Brak(E)man

Quote from: Steve-cc on February 07, 2023, 05:58:53 PMCtRL 1 is set as Patch Setting / LED On/Off /Toggle
Assign 1 Source Ctrl 1 / Amp/Solo Sw/ Min off/ Max on / Toggle Range Min 0 Max 127

To me that should meant that Ctrl 1 would turn off Solo with light off and Turn on Solo w Light on - Right?
It is working just the opposite.
I have had this GP-10 for a long time but am just now beginning to learn how to use it.

Help?
Turn off the CtRL 1 is set as Patch Setting / LED On/Off /Toggle
Make one ctl press toggle.
Turn on the CtRL 1 is set as Patch Setting / LED On/Off /Toggle
Save.
swimming with a hole in my body

I play Country music too, I'm just not sure which country it's from...

"The only thing worse than a guitar is a guitarist!"
- Lydia Lunch

Steve-cc

Thanks Brak(E)man
I've got them working correctly now. 
Seems like what worked for me was turning off the assigns then toggling to lights off then turning the assigns back on.
So now when light is on assign is active.  That is what makes sense to me.
Sure appreciate the help.

Brak(E)man

Quote from: Steve-cc on February 08, 2023, 05:26:06 PMThanks Brak(E)man
I've got them working correctly now. 
Seems like what worked for me was turning off the assigns then toggling to lights off then turning the assigns back on.
So now when light is on assign is active.  That is what makes sense to me.
Sure appreciate the help.
That was what I suggested but the other way around.
Either way is fine.
swimming with a hole in my body

I play Country music too, I'm just not sure which country it's from...

"The only thing worse than a guitar is a guitarist!"
- Lydia Lunch