SY-1000 out - Instrument into an Axe-FX III ?

Started by spikey, December 16, 2022, 09:53:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spikey

I watched a YT video where Leon Todd ran the SY-1000 into the Instrument-In jack of an Axe-FX III, for sending guitar instrument emulations from the SY into the Axe-FX III. He did not mention what outs He used (that I can find) from the SY-1000 to do this.

Does anyone know the setup to do this?

Thanks

Tosh

I believe you can use either Send, Main, or Sub out, but you'll need to configure the output for instrument level (not line level).

I would use Main because it has the rotary control knob

stub

If I only ultimately only needed mono signal, you can either use the insert send/return on the SY-1000, or go mono out of the main/aux outs to the Fractal.

If you need stereo, it depends on where in the path your signal becomes stereo, you could stay mono all the way until the last section of the path (using send/return or mono main/aux), or be stereo all the way, or some fraction thereof.

For users of Fractal's FM3, since its processor limits don't allow for massive overkill, there's a moderate chance one might like to combine some blocks from the SY-1000 to help make some kitchen-sink, over-the-top patches.

Putting the Fractal into the FX send/return path is the most flexible, as you could put it in different positions on the path per preset. However, consider the sum of all latency as it goes through multiple AD & DA. Gtr to SY-1000-to-Fractal-to-amp is only two sets of AD/DA. Using the SY-1000's send/return involves three sets of AD/DA. With an Axe-FX III, the FX blocks are all so good, you wouldn't need anything from the SY-1000 post-fractal, so that answers that question, IMHO.

gumtown

You can use all the outputs,
 both Main and Sub Outs can be split into 4 separate mono outs,
and placed anywhere in the chain.
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

spikey

spikey

QuoteIf I only ultimately only needed mono signal, you can either use the insert send/return on the SY-1000, or go mono out of the main/aux outs to the Fractal.

That's what I thought about doing, for inputting the guitar models in the SY into the Fractal.