GT 1000 .... SEND / RETURN -and- MIDI OUT .... 2 Very Quick Questions Please

Started by benifin, December 09, 2022, 07:23:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

benifin

Hi all !

Am looking to add a  Walrus Audio ACS1 Amp Modeler Pedal to the  SEND/RETURN Block ..... I have 2 very quick questions please:-

1 -> if I connect from the GT1000 Midi OUT to the Walrus ACS1 Midi IN  into my GT 1000 Send/Return .... what is the easiest way / setting  to send a Midi Out  PC Message  [say Midi PC 42] in a specific Patch to the Midi In of my Walrus Pedal in my Send / Return ?

2 -> I know that the GT 1000 is extremely low latency end-to-end within itself ......... but both the Digital Walrus ACS1 and the Send Return will both *add* overall latency ........ from your experiecnes ..... do you think this additional latency will be noticeable / audible / feel'able ?

Thanks,
Ben

Many thanks,
Ben

Boisdelac

@benifin

... sorry for my late reply... I had to go on vacation  ;)

Concerning Latency

The latency of the GT1k is as you already mentioned very low.  Assume it is 3ms overall. Add another 3ms for the Walrus device. That means, it is the same latency that you recognize if you are playing over a normal amp with cabinet, when you stand about 2m away from your speaker.

Concerning the MIDI control do the following

Step 1 (I don´t know, if this step is actually needed, and if it is needed, you only have to do it once. Try to start with step 2)

Press ...
   Menu
   Page >
   MIDI
   MIDI SETTING
   PAGE >

with encoder 3 set the value of MAP SELECT to PROG

Press 3 x EXIT

Step 2

Select the patch you want to send PC#42 with

Press ...
   Menu
   CONTROL/ASSIGN
   PATCH MIDI
   PAGE< ... until ... 1:CH ... 1:PC ... 1: BANK MSB ... 1:BANK LSB ... is visible on the LCD

with encoder 2 change the value of 1:PC to 41 (42-1 ... MIDI values are in the range of 0 to 127)

Press 3 x WRITE

benifin

Quote from: Boisdelac on December 21, 2022, 10:53:05 AM@benifin

... sorry for my late reply... I had to go on vacation  ;)

Concerning Latency

The latency of the GT1k is as you already mentioned very low.  Assume it is 3ms overall. Add another 3ms for the Walrus device. That means, it is the same latency that you recognize if you are playing over a normal amp with cabinet, when you stand about 2m away from your speaker.

Concerning the MIDI control do the following

Step 1 (I don´t know, if this step is actually needed, and if it is needed, you only have to do it once. Try to start with step 2)

Press ...
   Menu
   Page >
   MIDI
   MIDI SETTING
   PAGE >

with encoder 3 set the value of MAP SELECT to PROG

Press 3 x EXIT

Step 2

Select the patch you want to send PC#42 with

Press ...
   Menu
   CONTROL/ASSIGN
   PATCH MIDI
   PAGE< ... until ... 1:CH ... 1:PC ... 1: BANK MSB ... 1:BANK LSB ... is visible on the LCD

with encoder 2 change the value of 1:PC to 41 (42-1 ... MIDI values are in the range of 0 to 127)

Press 3 x WRITE

Awesome :)  My sincere thanks ! :)

Ben