FC-300 CC# only up to 95????

Started by axoplaxmy, September 10, 2008, 07:30:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

axoplaxmy

So I picked up a fc-300 to be a controller for a few different things.  I just noticed that it only supports cc# up to 95.  Why o why would this be the case?  There are so many products that use numbers over that.  Is there a workaround for this?  am I missing something?

Thanks,
Dave

Brent Flash

Hey axoplaxmy, welcome to the group!

As for your question, I don't think I would worry about it unless you think you will use more than 95 controllers. Most CC numbers that are commonly used are below this so I don't think you will run into any problems not being able to use a function and if you do by some chance you can always reassign the CC# in question.

As for why Roland did not go up to the 127 MIDI max, who knows?  ???

axoplaxmy

Thanks for the reply, I'm a little confused. 

I'm using the fc-300 to control an electrix repeater and a EH 2880 and a Gibson EDP.  I managed to work around programming the repeater, using a mix of pc and cc messages to get everything I needed to work but all of the functions I need to access for the 2880 are CC # above 100. 

is there something I'm missing? 

Brent Flash

Quote from: axoplaxmy on September 10, 2008, 08:00:13 AM
Thanks for the reply, I'm a little confused. 

I'm using the fc-300 to control an electrix repeater and a EH 2880 and a Gibson EDP.  I managed to work around programming the repeater, using a mix of pc and cc messages to get everything I needed to work but all of the functions I need to access for the 2880 are CC # above 100. 

is there something I'm missing? 
What functions are you trying to control on the 2880 with CC#?

Elantric

Using one of these can extend the CC# range you need for the EH 2880

http://www.midisolutions.com/prodepp.htm

MIDI Solutions  Event Processor Plus

The MIDI Solutions Event Processor Plus offers all of the functionality of the MIDI Solutions Event Processor, with 32 settings instead of the Event Processor's 10, and 8 variable storage locations instead of the Event Processor's 2. Each of the Event Processor Plus's 32 settings can be programmed with a unique MIDI processing function. By combining these settings the Event Processor Plus becomes an extremely powerful tool capable of processing MIDI events in almost any way imaginable. You can map MIDI events or ranges of MIDI events to other MIDI events, filter MIDI events or ranges of MIDI events, trigger MIDI events, toggle between MIDI events, sequence through MIDI events, scale or crossfade MIDI messages, transpose notes, scale velocities, map to and from System Exclusive, NRPN, Bank Select messages, store incoming values in variables for later use... the Event Processor is like a swiss army knife of MIDI processing products, an indispensable tool in any MIDI musician's arsenal.

The Event Processor Plus works by comparing each incoming MIDI event with each of its 32 settings. When an incoming MIDI event matches a setting, the event is processed according to that setting. By combining different settings for different incoming events, the Event Processor Plus becomes an extremely powerful tool capable of achieving virtually any combination of MIDI-processing functions.

Following is a list of the Event Processor Plus's functions, but better yet download the Event Processor Plus Programming Tools software and read the Guide to the Event Processor and Event Processor Plus by Bruce Wahler of Ashby Solutions. The Programming Tools software is free for download, quick to install, and contains lots of examples that demonstrate the many applications of the Event Processor Plus. And the Guide to the Event Processor and Event Processor Plus is a comprehensive guide that makes it easy to understand everything these amazing products are capable of!

Filter MIDI Events

Map MIDI Events

Trigger MIDI Events

Cycle Through a Sequence of MIDI Events

Turn Settings On and Off

Store Incoming Values in Variables

The Event Processor Plus is programmed by sending it MIDI System Exclusive messages (see FAQs - Programming). This is easily done with the Event Processor Plus Programming Tools software. Once programmed, the Event Processor Plus's settings are retained even after power is removed. The Event Processor Plus can be reprogrammed with new settings as often as needed.

The Event Processor Plus is MIDI-powered, and requires no batteries or power supply to operate with most MIDI products (see FAQs - Power and FAQs - LED for more information). A MIDI indicator LED lights up when the product is powered and flashes when MIDI data passes through it.

weight: 3.8 oz.
dimensions: 4-3/16" x 2-3/16" x 1-3/32"

Learn more about the MIDI Solutions Event Processor Plus

New! Guide to the Event Processor and Event Processor Plus by Bruce Wahler of Ashby Solutions. Bruce Wahler of Ashby Solutions has written an excellent guide to the MIDI Solutions Event Processor and Event Processor Plus. This guide makes it easy to understand everything these amazing products are capable of!

Event Processor Plus Application Examples

Programming Tools Software

Event Processor Plus Operating Instructions

How to order the MIDI Solutions Event Processor Plus

Questions? Send us an email: info@midisolutions.com

Brent Flash

Quote from: Brent Flash on September 10, 2008, 08:24:18 AM
What functions are you trying to control on the 2880 with CC#?
If you are just wanting to start and stop the 2880, the FC does send out MIDI machine control messages. These are not considered CC# but are MIDI messages. In the FC-300 Control Change Mode.
• MIDI START / MIDI STOP / MIDI CONTINUE / MMC STOP / MMC PLAY /
MMC DEF PLAY / MMC FAST FWD / MMC REWIND / MMC REC STROBE /
MMC REC EXIT / MMC REC PAUSE / MMC PAUSE
This transmits MIDI Realtime messages and MMC messages.
When assigned to an expression pedal, messages are output once the pedal is
pressed downward past the halfway point; when assigned to a control pedal or other
switch, the messages are output when the switch is on.

Ingo

Hi

Is there any work around the send a CC# 108 (or higher numbers)?

Thanks

Ingo

gumtown

Quote from: Ingo on March 28, 2023, 11:16:37 AMHi

Thanks

Ingo

No work arounds with Roland gear.
Many CC# ranges are excluded as using that range can have undesirable effects on Roland gear that use these CC# for special built in functions (mainly keyboards).
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

Elantric

Quote from: Ingo on March 28, 2023, 11:16:37 AMHi

Thanks

Ingo

Use a third party MIDI PROCESSOR

BOME BOX. or MIDI SOLUTIONS EVENT PROCESSOR.  https://www.perfectcircuit.com/midi-solutions-event-processor.html