LB Guitar Clinic impressions

Started by pasha811, September 18, 2022, 05:53:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pasha811

Friday evening I was admitted to Lari Basilio Guitar Clinic in Milan, sponsored by Ibanez and by Lucky Music one of the most important Music Shop in Town.
It has been the first time for me. As a guitarist a pleasure to listen an Artist like Lari Basilio play her music and answer questions on the gear, the composition process and.. tunings! (this question I could not resist to ask). As simple as it can go you can find a link to her pedalboard here :
https://scontent.flin2-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/303365979_651796252970639_78578896338146397_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=b-b1qe2ZXmcAX96khZS&_nc_ht=scontent.flin2-2.fna&oh=00_AT-uXy9KhVcirv-KHUUVKEdczbxVodp6fgOuRLIEmASU1g&oe=632BA270

Very interesting JHS pedals and Laney BCC Pedals  and the 'mystery' pedal (the purple one with a "?") that sometimes in the future will be revealed. All was really great sounding, including the LB1 Ibanez Signature Guitar and the Laney Lionheart Amp. So if you hadn't already done so I think it's a good idea to have a look, listen and monitor. I am a fan since 2017 so I am very happy I could made it to the venue.
She plays many songs in the 'Far More' Album with Drop D or Drop C and during the clinic she had to tune the guitar at times between tunes.Although one of our loved gear would have required a simple preset I was positively impressed by a world I almost forgot after a decade of VG99 and GP10. Guitar - Pedals - Front of the amp. Goodbye. Play and Enjoy. That simple. Lari's technique implements both finger picking and using a pick so that she controls all dynamics. She said that she loves Delay and Reverb and she uses an Overdrive and a Distortion Pedal. No chorus.  In the latest Album it's almost all standard tuning.
In the end it's your hands, the way you play, your ideas. All the gear in between supports your expression.
It has been a fantastic night and I liked to share it with you all.

Hope you'll find this useful and let's monitor the 'Mystery Pedal'!  8)

Listen to my music at :  http://alonetone.com/pasha/

sixeight

Cool. I follow Lari on YouTube. Realky like her tunes.