Toggle between two different settings for onboard exp pedal?

Started by mpguitar, September 10, 2022, 06:11:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mpguitar

Hi all. I'm trying to create an effect on my gt 1000 that can toggle the onboard exp pedal between "amp gain" and "pitch bend" on the same patch.

Goal = As default the pedal will control the amp gain, but after pressing a ctl button the pedal will stop affecting the amp gain and will control the pitch bend.

I've got as far as using assignments to use the pedal for amp gain and using a ctl button to turn on and off pitch bend. The problem is the pedal controls both amp gain and pitch bend when the ctl button is active. I need to find a way to set the assignment of "amp gain" to off while ctl button is active.

Is this possible? Or is there another way to achieve this? Thanks.

(Using volume dial on guitar is not possible)

admin

Quote from: mpguitar on September 10, 2022, 06:11:39 AMHi all. I'm trying to create an effect on my gt 1000 that can toggle the onboard exp pedal between "amp gain" and "pitch bend" on the same patch.

Goal = As default the pedal will control the amp gain, but after pressing a ctl button the pedal will stop affecting the amp gain and will control the pitch bend.

I've got as far as using assignments to use the pedal for amp gain and using a ctl button to turn on and off pitch bend. The problem is the pedal controls both amp gain and pitch bend when the ctl button is active. I need to find a way to set the assignment of "amp gain" to off while ctl button is active.

Is this possible? Or is there another way to achieve this? Thanks.

(Using volume dial on guitar is not possible)

Post your patch-and let others review and offer solutions

Danelectro

I believe that the attached patch accomplishes what the OP is after. 

- Using Assigns, when the EXP pedal is rocked back, the GAIN of PREAMP1 lowers and its LEVEL increases (in order to balance the volume). 

- When the EXP1 switch is activated, the PEDAL BEND feature is activated such that rocking the pedal to the heel down position drops the pitch by -12 (full octave)

- What I could not figure how to do was to deactivate Assigns 1 & 2 when the EXP1 switch is activated, consequently rolling the pedal downward for the pedal bend would simultaneously reduce PREAMP1's gain.  The workaround I came up with was to set PREAMP2 the same as PREAMP1, then I set DIVIDER1 to toggle between the A and B side when the EXP1 switch is activated. This way When the Pedal Bend is activated the signal is routed through PREAMP2, so it doesn't matter that the pedal is varying the gain of PREAMP1.

In additional to the above noted functionality, I also incorporated two different S-Bend functions into the patch.  CTL5 is set to toggle to Manual Mode for another layer of CTL buttons on the bottom row:

- Button 3 momentarily activates a quick -12 dive which goes back to standard pitch when the button is released     

- Button 4 toggles a slow -12 dive.  Hitting the button again quickly takes it back to true pitch

Pedal Bend settings:

Assigns:

Manual Mode settings:

FX1 S-Bend settings:

FX2 S-Bend settings: