Hello

Started by olive2sing, August 10, 2022, 08:04:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

olive2sing

I've been playing guitar since I was 10. I'm now 65 and, recently retired. I'm mostly a singer, but the guitar gives my hands something to do while I'm singing.

I won't go into the long story of how I got here. But I've been blessed with a VG8, Gr33 and a SY1000. They are played from a Graph Tech pick in my homemade guitar.

I'm here to learn what I can and share some patches.

Dave G.

whippinpost91850

Welcome To The Family  :) from another older guy

Rockeiro

Hey old guy. We're in the same league. I'm 68 and still actively playing and have since I was 8. I'm no virtuoso but love the guitar in all it's forms.

I had a VG88 and and GR33 back in the day but have worked my way up to a VG99 and a GR55.

While I can honestly say I still miss my VG88 - it was a great machine with no reservations, the GR55 is a superior synth in response and performance. I do miss some of the factory instrument patches the GR33 had though and am working hard to get some semblance of them back on the GR55 because they are in there, just not as factory patches.

I have 2 synth guitars - a GK2 mag pickup factory Strat and a piezo pickup Godin LGK-SA that I use on the VG99. Now I thought originally I would add the GR55 "on the side" to the VG88, but I started tinkering and got this idea to throw a GK3 on my Ibanez Mikro 5 string bass and looks like I'm going to keep it that way it sounds so good to me.

I run a Fender Rumble 40 for small stages, a Fender 400 for big stages for bass and use multiple G-DEC 3 30s for my VG99.

Cheers and welcome!