GT-1000- Channel Select

Started by Schwoddel, June 24, 2022, 09:49:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Schwoddel

Reading the manual, I thought Channel Select in the master section would select the output channel. I tried with different speaker settings for the 2 main channels but I don't get the expected result. Switching to R makes the sound a bit brigher irrespective of the speaker setting.

Can anyone explain, how this feature can be used?

Boisdelac

The parameter channel select serves to select between the two signal paths between a devider and a mixer. There is no channel select within the master section.

Schwoddel

I'm aware of this, but that's not what I meant.

There is a channel select in the Master section.

The manual says:

Selects the channel used for MAIN OUT.
This is shown only if FX EXPANSION is ON and the
MAIN SP.SIMULATOR's STEREO LINK is OFF.

Boisdelac

I think, if you set

FX expansion to on, and in
the speaker sim the stereo link to off,

than you can set different speaker sims to the left and right output.
With the channel select in the master section you now can select between the two speaker sims.

But I didn´t try this yet..

....... In the meantime, i tried it.
And like you, i didn't get what I ( you) expected. Yes, there was a difference in sound between channel select set to left or right. But i could not specify which speaker sim was responsible for the certain sound.

romek

Tried and it didn't work. Heard only left channel.
If you have to hear different cabs on left & right channel, FX expansion (fx4) must be off. Otherwise no chance. Cheers - Romek.
Credits to Ewan from Facebook - thanks.

Boisdelac

I just tried the channel selection again. It worked. When choosing entirely different third-party IR or AIRD speakers, there is a difference in sound. But the sound difference isn't as big as I expected.