Get the GT1000 or wait for the next GTxxx?

Started by aussiejoe, May 22, 2022, 04:26:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aussiejoe

Hi all,

Wondering if anyone has any intel on a replacement for the GT1000

I believe the GT1000 first shipped in 2018 which makes it quite old for a digital product/tech.

Looking to pair it up with my GR55 for better amp/effects but dont want to find myself buying a soon to be redundant product.

Any hints from NAAM 2022 at this stage?

thanks

gumtown

No idea, but my bets are on a replacement GR-55 before a replacement GT-1000.
Also the GT-1000 was 6 years after the GT-100, so my guess is nothing until the end of 2024.
I hear a firmware update is coming for the GT-1000, which I would also speculate being the last one for it, and possibly the GT line.
I also bet on the GX-1000 being a GT-1000 successor.

I'm not a gambling man, so my bets could also be really off the mark.
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

aussiejoe

Hi Gumtown

Thanks for the info
I went ahead and bought the Core version.

Ill be running it in tandem with the GR55/monitors and my Kemper/Kemper cabs. Should be epic!

Cheers

Boisdelac

The Helix series is from 2015, still selling and much older than the Boss GT1000 series. Why isn't Line6 asked for a successor?

Nowadays the hardware is so powerful that it will still be sufficient for future applications.

I would buy the GT1000 in the Boss range if I wanted more foot switches. If few footswitches were required, I would opt for a GX100.

By the way ... GT1000Core ... good decition.

Antonuzzo

Quote from: gumtown on May 22, 2022, 06:39:54 PMNo idea, but my bets are on a replacement GR-55 before a replacement GT-1000.

This would be fantastic but I'm not holding my breath... but who knows?

Quote from: Boisdelac on May 23, 2022, 01:07:19 AMThe Helix series is from 2015, still selling and much older than the Boss GT1000 series. Why isn't Line6 asked for a successor?

There has actually been a lot of speculation about a new Helix, but it's mitigated to some extent by the fact that Line6 are pretty on the ball when it comes to updates, with new amps and effects being added every six months or so. But recently, many of these have been really DSP-hungry so a newer version with improved DSP capability may well be in the works.

Roland could learn a thing or two about updating their units!

Boisdelac

Antonuzzo

Quote from: Boisdelac on May 23, 2022, 05:00:16 AMWhy updating, if it is good?  ;D

To make it better.

Every new update adds something to the mix; the last one added a new amp model and 28 effects. The Line6 engineers are constantly working to build new models and features and add them to the unit.

JiveTurkey

Mrchevy

Quote from: JiveTurkey on May 23, 2022, 05:51:41 AMPlease dear god; GRX-1000
For the great introductory price of $3999.(pickup not included)
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Epi Les Paul Standard
Gibson SG 50's prototype
Squire classic vibe 60's
Epi LP Modern
Epi SG Custom
Martin acoustic

Princeton chorus 210

GT100
GR-55
Helix LT
Waza Air Headphones
Boomerang III

And, a lot of stuff I DON'T need

Antonuzzo

Quote from: Mrchevy on May 26, 2022, 06:45:50 PMFor the great introductory price of $3999.(pickup not included)

Not just any pickup – it'll be Roland's new 19-pin GK-4, priced at £279 (BKX-19 13-pin converter unit also available at £399).

Boisdelac

I don't need a gk pickup. I play wireless. Almost airguitar.... ;)