Sell the gt-100 and buy GX-100, is a good idea ? Please some advises

Started by mantra, April 24, 2022, 09:32:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mantra

Hi

I own a gt-100 in really great shape , looks new , i have still the box an

i'm asking to have or used a gx-100 and know the gx unit pretty well

I'm thinking to sell gt-100 at 200€/220€  , the gt-100 new does cost 444€ it's the lower price on internet here

the gx-100 does cost 590€

I have watched several turotial and compare on youtube , and seems the gx-100 does sound more clear , crispy , more real , the preamp are very good and not dark , and the effects like overdirves /distortion and modulation and delays sounds with a better definition
but it's youtube

could you give me some advises please?
and share your opinion and some feedbacks?
thanks

memorex

I own a GT-100. I really like it, generally. I'm not going to buy a GX-100, at least not yet. Here are my reasons:

Reasons to buy:
I like the way they reshaped the top panel and repositioned the footswitches, and got rid of the big, clumsy footswitches on GT-100.
The new amp modeling sounds very good.

Reasons not to buy:
The pitch shifters and overtone, which are horrible on GT-100, don't sound any different or better on GX-100, AFAICT.
The newer AIRD modeling is quite different from the GT-100 modeling, so recreating my favorite patches will probably take a lot of work.
They got rid of the Guitar Sim effect, AKAIK, and I use it on several patches, so again, a lot of workaround there.

You can probably get $350-$375 for your old GT-100, so the upgrade won't cost that much, or just keep the old unit as a backup.
I'm waiting to see what improvements they make with firmware upgrades, but I probably won't buy a new BOSS MultiFX unit until they put a good sounding polyphonic pitch shifter into it.

mantra

Quote from: memorex on April 24, 2022, 09:58:42 AM
I own a GT-100. I really like it, generally. I'm not going to buy a GX-100, at least not yet. Here are my reasons:

Reasons to buy:
I like the way they reshaped the top panel and repositioned the footswitches, and got rid of the big, clumsy footswitches on GT-100.
The new amp modeling sounds very good.

Reasons not to buy:
The pitch shifters and overtone, which are horrible on GT-100, don't sound any different or better on GX-100, AFAICT.
The newer AIRD modeling is quite different from the GT-100 modeling, so recreating my favorite patches will probably take a lot of work.
They got rid of the Guitar Sim effect, AKAIK, and I use it on several patches, so again, a lot of workaround there.

You can probably get $350-$375 for your old GT-100, so the upgrade won't cost that much, or just keep the old unit as a backup.
I'm waiting to see what improvements they make with firmware upgrades, but I probably won't buy a new BOSS MultiFX unit until they put a good sounding polyphonic pitch shifter into it.
hi memorex
funny i like big boss gt-100 footswitches ,big strong and big enough to don't make mistake
the new do seem more fragile
QuoteYou can probably get $350-$375 for your old GT-100
I don't think so , new it does cost 444€ , second hand 200€ , max 300€ or 250€
what i would like are : the effects and preamp and the entire unit does seem have a brighter sound , what i do like it
for sure they will update the firmware ,  I remember the the gt-1000 came out , it was not good like now
my friends mostly do use line 6 helix , and Neural DSP Quad Cortex , they are very happy with line 6 helix LT
line6 did not release a product that can compete with GX-100 for the gx-100 features and no big limitation

memorex might I ask you have tried the Gx-100 ?
thanks

memorex

I haven't had a chance to play one yet, but as I said, probably the main reasons I'm not jumping on it are that I'm already happy with my GT-100, and I waiting for BOSS to put a good polyphonic pitch shifter into one of these units.