GE300 revisited (Will I ever learn)

Started by jaddison1971, March 11, 2022, 07:55:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jaddison1971

So after using the GE300 for a good few months last year, I decided to sell the unit and go for a Boss Katana 100 Mk2 - I preferred an amp for live use (even though some of the venues we play are very small - we are a 4 piece rock covers band) so I sold the GE300 at quite a big loss.

I had some initial issues with the Boss when using with wireless system so  I ditched the wireless and bought another GE300 - Will I ever learn?  ???

I've upgraded to V3.04 last night (with no issues thankfully) and ran it through the "power amp in" on my Boss Katana - it sounds surprisingly good, just need to run it through my X32 desk & RCF speaker PA and see if I get similar results, I'm sure I can with a little tweaking.

Just thought I'd share my story as I'm sure I'm not the only one who has done similar lol

Got a week to get my sound back before the next spate of gigs starting Sat 19th March - it's good to be back out again!

admin

I bounce between several modelers, always purchase them used within 3 months of release after the prior owner became disgruntled and sold it used at a loss

They are computer platforms and often never develop their true strengths until after several firmware updates

Folks ask Why I own so many DSP modelers , it's same as asking " why do I Own so many guitars"
each one has strengths for specific genres and band situations

I also still use Stomp boxes and traditional amps , as those remain the right tools for specific band situations

jaddison1971

Quote from: admin on March 11, 2022, 08:36:07 AM
I bounce between several modelers, always purchase them used within 3 months of release after the prior owner became disgruntled and sold it used at a loss

Yeah, I've gone through a few over the last few years, Digitech GSP1101 & GSP2101 & Helix Floor. Must have more god damn money than sense lol

Antonuzzo

Same. My main squeeze has been the Helix Floor for quite some time now; it takes a bit of work to get the best out of it, but it does pay dividends. The GE-300 is a funny one; it's got its faults, but some of the amp tones are cracking, and I love things like the tone capture and the synth block.