Midi MS3 to Core.

Started by Zomboss, January 06, 2022, 06:42:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zomboss

Hi everyone.

I'm trying to get the PC messages working on my rig. Sending messages from my MS3, thru my Core, to my VE500.

I'm on patch 30.1 on the MS3, the Core is on 31 (as per the pc message I've programmed) but the VE is not receiving messages.

I scroll down to patch 01.1 on the MS3, the Core leaps up to 156, but the VE has joined me at 01.1.

I think this has something to do with MSB and LSB, and program map banks, hut I'm quite new to midi and I could use some help.

Thanks in advance.

admin

AFAIK, GT-1000core does not act as MIDI THRU

Need a separate MIDI THRU BOX.

Zomboss

Sorry. As I said I'm new to midi. I'm just working on the principle that it has a midi in, midi out, has menu options for midi thru, and does seem to be relaying messages from my MS3 to my VE500.

admin

A common fault with Roland/Boss Gear.

They rarely output MIDI Messages received at their MIDI Inputs without filtering something out

Most use a dedicated MIDI THRU BOX. Which acts as a Parallel Y splitter to feed two separate devices without lag or data filtering

Learn more about MIDI here
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=2977.0

Zomboss

I FIXED IT!! I had to add a 0 to both the MSB and LSB settings on the MS3 patch midi send. Also I had, stupidly, added a patch midi send on my first Core patch and copied it over to all the patches after, which explained the VE not changing. Fixed those, and now everything's working great.