Gk internal kit on Maton acoustic guitar

Started by Ceckme, January 04, 2022, 11:17:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ceckme

Hi all,
it's been a while since I've started to play my Maton acoustic guitar using an external GK-3 applied with double-sided sticky foam tape (no resonance problems at all). Now I'd love to get a GK-Kit-GT3 internally installed. I use it with a VG-8EX processor using pads, blending other guitar with the acoustic sound and other stuff with fingerstyle acoustic technique. I'd love to have a minimal-impact easy reversible installation without led and the other guitar controls of the kit.
I have few questions for you experts:
1 - Is it possible to lengthen the pickup cable to easily reach the Gk electronics taped right inside the soundhole? I'd need 10 to 12 centimeters to do that on my Maton.
2 - Maton's pickup output jack is located lateral and a strap button is screwed on a 12.2 mm hole. I'd like to find an output connector with 8 pins (six string signals plus +ve and -ve power supply) that fits the hole and do a short cable adapter to Roland DIN-13 outside the guitar. Do you think it can be possible?
Thanks for your suggestions, greetings from Italy and happy new year to you VGuitar lovers!

gumbo

Hi...

To answer your questions:-

1.  I can make (and in the past have made) extension cables for the GK3 pickup-to-mainboard cable...I do not carry these as stock and they are made to order.

2.  You need more than 8 pins to run a GK pickup....realistically you need a minimum of 12 connection points including Ground, as you can only (easily) remote the S1 & S2 buttons....most other connections are required for the GK mainboard to do its stuff.

Even the Synth-Linx Jacks that I build will NOT fit in a 12.2mmm diameter hole...they need a 16mm hole to contain the 13-pin DIN socket and its housing..and that is the smallest footprint you can find .

More on my products at:

https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?board=181.0

...you can contact me at   info@synth-linx.com  to discuss this further if you wish.

Regards,

Peter in Australia
Read slower!!!   ....I'm typing as fast as I can...