Have you tried the AIRD 4x10?

Started by jwoertz, December 16, 2021, 07:09:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jwoertz

I was playing around tonight with IRs and built-in cabs. Then I found it - the built-in 4x10 AIRD cab. It sounds FANTASTIC with everything. Great low-end. Perfect mids. Crisp highs but not too much. Absolutely love it and I switched all of my electric guitar patches over to it! No more external IRs. By the way, how do you delete the IRs that you loaded into the GT?

rolfay

. . . I too find myself drawn to that cab . . . .

micdim

Yes I would also like to know how to get rid of the IR's that I've loaded in. Anyone?

admin

Quote from: micdim on December 18, 2021, 10:30:57 PM
Yes I would also like to know how to get rid of the IR's that I've loaded in. Anyone?

I believe the Boss IR Loader tool (Win/ Mac)  accomplishes that

https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=23606.0

jwoertz

I don't see any "delete" feature in the BOSS IR loaded for Mac. Is it there for the Windows version?

sixeight

The 4x10 is an old favorite. Also on older models, like the VG99, GR55, etc.

JiveTurkey

Question. There is no AIRD 410, is there? I only thought the new amps were AIRD and none of their native/original cabs are 410s. Unless I am missing something?

admin

Quote from: JiveTurkey on December 19, 2021, 09:07:15 AM
Question. There is no AIRD 410, is there? I only thought the new amps were AIRD and none of their native/original cabs are 410s. Unless I am missing something?

I assume any stock GT-1000 internal cab sim is AIRD

IMHO AIRD is a marketing rebranding of COSM

all are DSP Modeling

admin

Quote from: jwoertz on December 19, 2021, 03:55:00 AM
I don't see any "delete" feature in the BOSS IR loaded for Mac. Is it there for the Windows version?

Select a cab and try to install nothing

The Boss GT-1000 support for third party CAB IR was tacked on as a last minute feature after NAMM show user reviews told Yoshi, " where is the third party Cab IR loader. That even a $300 Mooer /Hotone includes ?)

So you may have to use non documented methods to remove user Cab IR. Maybe  revert to prior firmware. Do full factory restore reset,  then reinstall latest firmware

Boisdelac

There is no possibility to remove an IR. Just overwrite it.

gumtownadmin

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else.

Hammerhands

Quote from: gumtownadmin on June 06, 2023, 03:15:08 PMIsn't the 4x10 a bass cabinet ?

There are 3 4x10 cabs on P.30, the first two are guitar cabinets.  The 1959 Bassman may have been designed as a bass amp, but it isn't a great bass amp, however is an iconic guitar amp.

4x10" - This is an optimal speaker cabinet for a large open-back with four standard 10-inch speakers.

4x10" 2 - A Fender Bassman cabinet. This is an open-back speaker cabinet with four Jensen P10R (10-inch) speakers.

B4x10" - This is an optimal speaker cabinet for a large enclosed amp with four 10-inch speakers.