Roland VG-99+FiiO E3+Zoom H6=Great flexibility

Started by rolandvg99, November 18, 2013, 08:22:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rolandvg99

In my search for a compact ultraportable mixer for wired in-ear use I found the Zoom H6 to fit the bill perfectly. It has no eq, but have a HP filter and a simple compressor/limiter. I also ordered a FiiO E3 to utilize the VG's digital out for added routing possibilities. This gives me a handy in-ear monitoring solution for sit-in gigging/jamming.

In use
As I use the main out to loop the signal back into the VG-99 I need the sub outs for my FOH signal. The FiiO uses the digital out to feed a stereo mix to the Zoom H6. I use the Zoom H6 M/S module to capture the stage ambient sound. This leaves two channels for my vocal mic and a mono FOH monitor return. All sources can be panned an mixed on the H6.

Added bonus
You can record your performance for further reference.
To V or not to V: That is the question.

My little Soundcloud corner

Smash

H6 looks like a really nice piece of kit - but what system do you use to go wireless for the in ears?

rolandvg99

I don't use wireless IEMs. I tape a 4.2 mm microphone cable to my GK one for IEM. Affordable wireless is too noisy and prone to dropouts while top-of-the-line still can't beat a cable, but certainly leaves a dent in your economy. ;)
To V or not to V: That is the question.

My little Soundcloud corner