help ,need to connect fs6 and Boss FV-500-H

Started by mantra, October 21, 2021, 10:51:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mantra

Hi
i need help , i want to plug and use a Boss FV-500-H and a boss fs6
I use a TRS cable to connect the Boss FV-500-H to the boss

but how could i use both together ?
I mean Boss FV-500-H and the Boss FS6 , what kind of cable ?
I like to use the Boss FV-500-H  to increase and decrease values of effects and i would like to use Boss FS6  activate/disactivate effects or change channel

i like in Europe , i gave a look in the thomann webpage ,but i haven't found a cable that should to the trick
thanks

gumtown

The good news is both the FV-500H and FS-6 both require a TRS type (stereo jack) cable.

but... you can only use one or the other,
not both at the same time.

Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

mantra

Quote from: gumtown on October 21, 2021, 11:19:58 PM
The good news is both the FV-500H and FS-6 both require a TRS type (stereo jack) cable.

hi  gumtown
that's sad i could not use at the same time
I guess only on the gt-1000 i can use at the same time ,because there 2 jacks
thanks

mantra

Quote from: gumtown on October 21, 2021, 11:19:58 PM

@gumtown
can i ask you a question ?
does the FS-6 need battery to work with boss gt-100 ?
because i have read i can work without too
thanks

gumtown

Quote from: mantra on October 27, 2021, 03:21:30 AM
@gumtown
can i ask you a question ?
does the FS-6 need battery to work with boss gt-100 ?
because i have read i can work without too
thanks

I am reasonably sure it requires a battery, certainly does to drive the leds, and recall it stopped working when the battery went flat.
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

mantra

Quote from: gumtown on October 27, 2021, 04:23:13 AM
I am reasonably sure it requires a battery, certainly does to drive the leds, and recall it stopped working when the battery went flat.
hi
because I read it can work wihout battery too , and battery are for leds
but just tried without battery without luck
can i use an 9V alimentator or do i need a 9V and the right ampere current  too ?
thanks

Mrchevy

Quote from: mantra on October 21, 2021, 10:51:55 PM

I like to use the Boss FV-500-H  to increase and decrease values of effects and i would like to use Boss FS6  activate/disactivate effects or change channel

You should be able to do all that within the GT 100 thru the ASSIGNS with the CTL and ACCEL pedals, along with the switchable volume Pedal. Or at least if you have the FS6, you can use that for extra controls. With the FS6, ACCEL, CTL, and existing switchable volume pedal, you don't really even need the FV500 unless your doing some really complex stuff. ASSIGNS are your friend ;)
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Epi Les Paul Standard
Gibson SG 50's prototype
Squire classic vibe 60's
Epi LP Modern
Epi SG Custom
Martin acoustic

Princeton chorus 210

GT100
GR-55
Helix LT
Waza Air Headphones
Boomerang III

And, a lot of stuff I DON'T need

mantra

Quote from: Mrchevy on October 27, 2021, 03:59:34 PM
You should be able to do all that within the GT 100 thru the ASSIGNS with the CTL and ACCEL pedals, along with the switchable volume Pedal. Or at least if you have the FS6, you can use that for extra controls. With the FS6, ACCEL, CTL, and existing switchable volume pedal, you don't really even need the FV500 unless your doing some really complex stuff. ASSIGNS are your friend ;)
hi Mrchevy
QuoteASSIGNS are your friend ;)
but with I can't switch between channel a and b with loop pedal , can't I?
I use loop pedal always like ctl to enable /disable effects
never been able to switch or enable the blend pedal  ??? ???
what i can do quickly with the gt-10
thanks

Mrchevy

Honestly, if it was me, I would use an external looper rather than the one in the GT100. Even a basic looper pedal will be better than that in the GT100. But, adding  the FS6 alone would replace the ACCEL and CTL pedal being used for the internal looper, and can give you back 2 CTL switches, and the EXP PEDAL and it's switch can be used with the ASSIGNS to control increase/decrease, cross fades, on/off etc.

The GT-100 looper was mainly intended to create a short loop so you can change and adjust various amp and effects to fine tune them without stopping playing while adjusting. Sure, you can use it for looping but the time is to short for any real purpose and the loop functions are limited and basic.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Epi Les Paul Standard
Gibson SG 50's prototype
Squire classic vibe 60's
Epi LP Modern
Epi SG Custom
Martin acoustic

Princeton chorus 210

GT100
GR-55
Helix LT
Waza Air Headphones